Chapter 13

[ PLEASE TYRUS ISTG ]

~

You slowly opened your eyes, observing the endless white void. Wait .. you're back here? This is weird .. why would you be back here all of a sudden? "Oh, Y/N!~" A familiar, gentle voice called. "Oh .. you again." You said, turning your gaze to the tall, majestic lady. Her white dress somehow stood out from the endless white void, which surprised you. "Yes, dear Y/N. I wanted to congratulate you on your progress. You've done exceptionally well thus far in curing your patients!" She said enthusiastically, making you smile.

"Ah .. well, thank you. It is my duty to rid the world of the disease, after all." You responded, averting your gaze away from her. The atmosphere around you seemed to darken, making her slightly uneasy. "My dear, is there something the matter? You seem upset." She asked, tone as calm as ever. " .. It's nothing. It's just that .. my patients .." You looked at her, sorrow in your eyes. "I'm eternally grateful for being granted these powers to cure the dreaded pestilence .. but my patients. My dear patients .. once they're cured, they don't have a mind of their own. They're nothing but mindless zombies who'll follow our every demand." You said, wrapping your arms around yourself.

"It just .. makes me wonder if we're curing them .. the right way." You said, taking a deep breath. "Oh Y/N .. this is exactly why I chose you. You're perfect for this." The lady murmured, floating towards you. Cupping your cheeks in her hands, she gave you a soft kiss on the forehead. "Do what your heart tells you to do, my dear." She whispered. Smiling, you nodded your head. "Of course .." You responded. The lady smiled, letting go of you and floating away from you. She turned her back to you, bowing her head. "Until next time, Y/N." She said.

"WAIT!" You called out. She froze in place, slowly glancing back at you. " .. yes?" She asked. " .. do you know 035?" You asked, looking at her with pleading eyes. " .. ah, Dýo, I presume?" She asked, you nodding frantically in response. "Mm .. I remember him like it was yesterday. We met long ago .. in a quaint little town. At that time, he wasn't as violent as he is now .. he adored the theater, always putting on shows .. he loved the spotlight." She said, making you tilt your head. "What a charming man he was. He loved being around people. That's all I can remember about him, until that point. Millennials later he met the doctor." She said, sighing heavily.

"And .. well. It seems that Dýo has taken a liking to you, my dear." She said, turning around to face you. " .. what do you mean?" You asked. The lady giggled in response. "Ah .. time will tell what happens. Just be careful with him, dear. He's extremely touch deprived." She said, starting to fade away. " .. alright. Until next time .. " You murmured. "Until next time." Her voice echoed through the white void, everything fading into black ..

~

Opening your eyes, you yawned. "Mnngh .. " You mumbled, shielding your eyes from the luminescent lights of the cafeteria. "G'morning, sleepy head." You heard Joseph say with a chuckle. " .. Mornin'." You responded, lifting your mask up so you could rub your eyes. Sitting up, you stretched, a soft yawn being emitted from you. " .. what time is it?" You asked. "8 am, you hardly even slept." Joseph said, shaking off his legs from you leaning against them for so long. " .. eh. At least I managed to get some sleep." You muttered, pulling your mask back down.

Glancing around, you noticed 049 wasn't here. " .. where's 049?" You asked, pulling down your hood so you could fix your hair. "He left a while ago, told us to wait here. He's probably scavenging the place for some patients." He replied, resting his head on the table. "Ah .. makes sense. When he gets back though, I have work to do." You said, staring down at Josephs tired figure. " .. mm .. I've been up the whole time making sure nothing happened to you .. I'm beat." He said, yawning softly.