07 || It's Going To Be A Fun Night

"I knew you were using me," Liz gives me her best innocent girl smile and I freeze

I'm seated in her glamorous office, at her table and she's busy with her laptop, while talking to me of course.

"What?" I choke out and she fake-chuckles.

"I've been used all my life Brittany, did I tell you that Jason Summers is my brother and Kimberly Summers is my sister? so yeah....I've practically been used all my life so I know what it's like," she smiles, only that it's forced and she's talking through her teeth.

And woah-- she's got a gang of famous siblings.

"And your brother beat your boyfriend in the rink," I complete the story for her and she winces. I definitely crossed a line.

"I don't like talking about that," Her face falls. "Don't talk about my boyfriend's accident, especially when he's here, please," her voice has a warning tone to it.

"What's it like?" I ask and she raises a brow at me, "Having a boyfriend you're sure of, and you know he's sure of you," And now she relaxes, it's almost like talking about Aaron puts her at ease. And it's cool to watch.

"It's amazing, I mean I know he's always there for me and he loves me," she pauses, "And the sex, I'm even surprised I'm able to walk to work," she grins. "The sex is amazing, it's like I'll never get enough of his body," And now she's off to Aaron-West-Land.

"I'm sorry I tried to use you," I mutter and she smiles.

"It's okay, I just wanted to hear you apologise," she smiles.

"And I need a job," I finally get the words out. After a heated argument with Jodie this morning, I'm finally doing this, asking Liz for a job. Score one for Brittany. "I know you need a brand model and I want to be it, I'd do anything for you--"

"It's fine, I've actually been waiting for you to ask," She grins and my heart leaps. Like literally leaps for joy.

"I thought you'd say no," I laugh nervously.

"Nah," she smiles and gets back to her laptop.

"Devin Anderson, does the name ring a bell to you? I remember you talking about him," She asks me and for some reason, my heart literally stops.

"Yeah, he's my ex boyfriend, why are we talking about him?" My voice shakes. I fucking hate Devin and his stupid name.

"Um..... you're not going to like this but he got drafted by Seattle and the guys are throwing a party tonight to welcome all the new rookies," She pauses, "Which means, he'd be there," she sighs. "And I was going to invite you--,"

"I'd be there, I don't give a fuck about my over-achiever ex boyfriend," I give her my best "I've got this" face and she smiles.

"Now that's the spirit, I'm just going to need your signature on a few papers," She grins. "Trust me, the moment you work here, everyone would want to work with you,"