31 || A Huge Heart

The footage playing on the huge screen in the GM's office shows me and a Cane player getting at it verbally

The footage playing on the huge screen in the GM's office shows me and a Cane player getting at it verbally. My fist hits his face and he falls to the ground dramatically. The NHL calls that foul play. I call that drama. No hockey player can go down with just a punch. Aaron kicks the player as he attempts to stand to his feet, Alex pulls me away from the scene and the referees and NHL officials approach the ice.

The team is expecting a new GM today. And thanks to me, this is what he will be walking in on, on his first day in office. My Dad is seated next to me, and Aaron and Terence are behind me.

We won the game though. All the more reason to end this meeting. Coach is watching the footage over and over again. The old man still can't believe I punched someone in the rink.

This dude was saying stuff about some hot model being fucked like a slut in the parking lot of a really expensive bar. And I just knew it, someone must have taken a video of us and posted it on the net. The only person who knew of Brittany and I in that parking lot was Genevieve. And to think she'd stoop so low to do that makes me sick.

You may wonder why my Dad is here. Dad is a big person in the hockey universe so he hopes to turn this situation around in my favor, probably because he knows I haven't had my head straight lately. I already know how this is going to go. I'll pay a fine and maybe sit out a few games.

The office door opens and a middle aged man steps in.

"Well this is interesting," he smiles as he heads his seat.

"Jake Stones," he smiles as he and Dad shake hands. "Huge fan,"

"Nick Stones," he says to me, his smile fading slowly. "Huge fan, but not tonight," he glances between the screen and me.

"Well, allow me to introduce myself, I am Nicolas Andrade, the new General Manager of The Krakens,"

"So you bought us?" Aaron asks and Nicolas smiles.

"West, Number 13, yes, I bought you guys," he smiles.

"Stones, back to you, I know it's too early for me to get into ice matters but I would like to know what the reason for the fight was," He says. Dad attempts to say something but I beat him to hit.

"The player was insulting someone, someone I care about out, so naturally I lost it," I say and Aaron mutters a silent"what the fuck, Nick, we just met this guy?" Behind me.

"That's a very rather genuine answer," He nods. "And you two?" He asks Aaron and Terence.

"He's our buddy, his fight is our fight," Terence says and Nicolas nods, his eyes on the huge screen.

"The guy went down like a bag of potatoes, it's pretty clear you were set up," He sighs, turning to face me. "They were trying to provoke you and they succeeded,"

"That being said, I am still getting used to this place and I don't want to inconvenience anyone just to make myself comfortable so, you're dismissed, a fine and a game," He says.