13 || My Girl

"Hi," I said, trying to get her attention in my direction

"Hi," I said, trying to get her attention in my direction. I'd been watching her for i-don't-know-how-long now, and she's been focused on the huge boys playing hockey in the rink. Kids like us aren't supposed to be here, but she was here anyway, and I'd followed her, like the crazy kid I was.

"Hi," She said back, still not taking her eyes off the rink. At that point, I wanted to be the big guy chasing the small black thingy-- Daddy calls it a puck-- with the huge hockey stick, and of course wearing the big hockey clothes.

"I'm Nick, what's your name?" I said again but she didn't turn to face me. I noticed a small mole behind her ear. Her dark blonde hair was tied up in a messy bun and she wore these golden heart earrings. She finally turned and my world stooped. I didn't get the color of her eyes, but they had a hint of gold and maybe copper in them. Her nose was small and pretty. Her lips formed a cute and innocent pout as she asked me why I wanted to know her name.

"What the hell, Aaron!" I yell as the puck slams right into my skates, pushing me to the ground. Aaron, being the annoying brother he is, just skates closer to me and helps me to my feet. Yep, brother.

"You spaced out for a second? Still worrying about the whole Anderson episode?" He asks, drying the sweat off his face with his palm. Before team meetings, Aaron and I would arrive earlier to play, just to get our heads intact. Normally, it was Aaron in the hot seat, but today, today it was me.

"Nah, that's why I pay Carrie," I shrug, thinking about the fact that Carrie had blown up my phone with texts on how to give the media something new. Didn't read them, she obviously knows me better than that.

"I haven't seen you get in a fight, since, you know," He jerks his head to the side, reminding me of the Seniors in college. He's right though, and judging from the way he's skating around the rink in circles, he's worried about me.

"Yeah, don't like remembering that," I shove the puck back at him and like the speed of light, he grabs it, shoving it back at me in the blink of an eye. How in the world did that happen?

"Number fifty-nine," He muses, with my jersey number of course. "You gotta toughen yourself up, mate," He says in a fake British tone.

"Hey boys!" An all too familiar voice enters the rink. Brittany. Liz steps in behind her, and her long blonde hair falls to the side, covering her slender shoulders and arms. A sky blue tank top and Jean shorts stopping at her mid thigh. I don't know why I take my time to admire her clothing whenever she walked it. Feels so natural, I guess. She's also got red lipstick on. The same shade I had all over my cock the last time we saw each other.

"Babe," Aaron skates to Liz, lifting her off her feet, twirling around with her in his arms. She screams and he just laughs. The first rule about being on the ice is being in control of your environment. An advantage Aaron happens to be using on Liz at the moment. I watch them skate, and then Liz helps Aaron take his skates off and they kiss until they're gone.