36 || Marriage Proposals and Love Confessions

"You set me up, she said she didn't want to see me until Christmas eve," I tell Aaron as I walk into his house

"You've been grumpy, so yeah, I set you up," he takes a sip of the martini in his hand.

"How very best-friendly of you," I smile, my voice giving off an obvious sarcastic vibe.

"Come on man, I'm really just trying to help you," he laughs.

"She made it clear she didn't want to see me until Christmas Eve, you literally just jumped on her schedule,"

"So...this is about me jumping on her schedule?"

"Yes!" I yell. "You finally get it,"

"Nick Stones,"

"What?"

"Your forehead is sweaty,"

"Oh piss off," I roll my eyes at the same time the door bell rings.

"Anddd, that should be Liz," Aaron drops his stuff and heads towards the door.

"I am so stressed out," I hear Liz say as they head in the direction of the living room. And she's not wrong, she looks like absolute shit.

"Hey Nick," she smiles, slumping down on the couch.

"Babe, you gon' make it to the Christmas Eve party, right?" Aaron asks, panic obvious in his voice. "It's tomorrow,"

"Yeah yeah sure, it's Christmas eve, I love Christmas," she sighs, her eyes fluttering.

"Okay okay, did you drink?" He sighs. "Babe you smell all vodka and shit,"

"Baby, have I been a shitty girlfriend? You know blowing you off and making you feel like you're not enough?" She sighs, her eyes still fluttering, while Aaron wears a stunned look.

"You are drunk——"

"I'm so sorry, Baby," She whimpers, okay I take that as my cue to disappear to the kitchen.

"Elizabeth, you're drunk,"

"I really don't deserve all the love and patience you've been giving me," her voice breaks.

"Lizzie, what the fuck are you talking about? I love you, in good and bad remember?" I hear Aaron and somehow I listen. It's stupid but yeah.

"It's just that running a business is really not as easy and fun as I thought, I'm messing shit up, making people upset, losing deals," I hear her sniffle.

"Okay Babe, let's get you inside, get you a hot bath and then we will talk about all this, because damn you look like shit," Aaron chuckles painfully.

"Gee thanks, Captain West," she snorts and I laugh to myself.

"Hot shit," he laughs and my phone beeps.