Epilogue || A Surprise Christmas Present at the Penthouse

Three Years Later | Christmas Day

"Morning sleeping beauty," I whisper into the ears of the love of my life as she stirs in her sleep

"Morning sleeping beauty," I whisper into the ears of the love of my life as she stirs in her sleep. She stirs some more and I chuckle to myself, while quietly enjoying the view of my Lily.

Three years have passed, a whole lot has happened. Aaron recently became a Dad while we lost the Stanley cup to the Vancouver Wolves. It sucked yeah, but I became a godfather and so that helped. Liz sent a photo this morning, in it, Aaron Jnr. looked as cute as ever, and I watch Bri gush over the picture so many times. Right now we're at my penthouse, it was Aaron's idea that I should spend Christmas here with the love of my life.

On heading here earlier this week, Bri said she had a present she was going to give me today, and I've been freaking out a bit, wondering what the hell she's got. On the other hand, I got her a ring, as a Christmas present, pretty dumb but yeah. Yes. You heard right. I'm planned to propose to the love of my life. Aaron sent me a picture earlier this morning, a picture of him freaking out on his way to propose to Liz, his wife now, and I had a really good laugh.

"Hey," my beautiful queen looks up at me with hooded sleepy eyes. "Merry Christmas," she sighs, leaning into closer to me for a kiss, a very long kiss. Nothing more romantic than waking up to the love of your life on a snowy Christmas morning.

"Merry Christmas, Crazy," I say into the kiss as she slowly pulls away. She chews on her bottom lip and meets my eyes with a goofy smile, then she runs her small fingers on my tattoos, her favorite thing to do. "What do you want to do today?" I ask and she smiles.

"Aaron and Liz sent a ton of gifts, Jodie and your parents and Justin too, it's just sad that we don't get to open them together this year," she pouts. Yeah, we've spent Christmas together with our families but this year, my parents decided to go to the Bahamas to be alone, while Tyler and Justin are currently staying with Jodie and Bri's Dad.

"Yeah, it's just me, you and our mysterious gifts," I chuckle nervously and I suddenly understand why Aaron was all shaky and queasy when he wanted to propose to Liz. You're about to ask someone to spend the rest of their life with you, you don't know if they're going to say yes or no, you just need to muster up a little courage to ask and take whatever you get. It's one of the loneliest feelings in the world.

"Yeah, mysterious gifts," she laughs a little. It's a rather weak laugh and suddenly I'm curious, what the hell does she have for me?

Damn it man, just do it.

Just show her the damn ring.

She's gonna say yes.

She has to.

She's in love with you, you idiot.

"Um, Bri......I——"

"I'm pregnant," she blurts out, her knuckles white and her breath shaking.