Born Again

Many months had passed as you moved into summer. Bjorn's daughter was being born that day with Helga and Aslaug's help. It was a baby girl that Bjorn had named Siggy. Bjorn's wife, Phorunn thought it would be weak and deformed. In battle, she had been scarred and has been insecure ever since but after hearing that her daughter was beautiful, Phorunn could not believe it.

-

Later that day, you, Ubbe and Hvitserk were all asleep, laying with a sleeping Ragnar. When Ragnar suddenly jumped awake, you and Ubbe fell to the ground, tired, confused. But you groaned when you saw that Ragnar had accidentally knocked you off. You simply grabbed a pillow for you and Ubbe before you both curled together and fell asleep in the furs.

Floki had woken him. For one reason only.

The settlement that Ragnar and Lagertha made in Wessex was burned, killed and destroyed. Children, women and farmers were slaughtered, along with the cattle. The farms were burnt down. Only one family survived and sailed through the rough sea with a small boat that wasn't fit for long travels. One man survived after the rest died of starvation, dehydration, and hypothermia.

Ragnar swore that Prince Aethelwulf of Wessex, his father King Ecbert and the rest of Wessex will felt he wrath of the Gods and the revenge of Ragnar Lothbrok.

-

Kalf, the man that usurped Lagertha from her property and Earldom, had been invited by your uncle Ragnar to raid Paris. Lagertha, of course, was bitter and unkind to the man.

Kalf brought Erlender, son of former King, Horik and Earl Sigfrid. The man was a giant, much taller then anyone in Kattegat.

-

Things had been said and seen. Your father had found Athelstan throwing his arm ring into the fjord. The sacred arm ring that Ragnar gave him. Doing that was an insult to your people and to the Gods. Athelstan was still the Christian he once was.

When he walked into the Great Hall, the music stopped. Everyone stared at him. Many people pushed or spit at his feet.

"Rollo." Athelstan said, trying to greet a friend. But Rollo didn't see a friend in him anymore.

"I have nothing to say to you, priest." Rollo said, standing in front of the man. "Except this..." Rollo grabbed Athelstan's arm, holding it up. "Where is your arm ring? Where is it?"

Ragnar quickly stepped in, glaring at his brother from Athelstan's side. When Rollo let go of his arm, Ragnar led Athelstan to the back room where the Wanderer they found stayed.

Sinric was the wanderer's name. The one who first told Ragnar about England and Paris. He spoke many strange languages that you could not understand. Though he did speak your language as well. You met him once and the whole time you had been with him, he told you stories of his interesting travels until he had to go with King Ragnar.

-

Athelstan had been murdered. Nobody knew who committed the crime but it hit Ragnar the hardest.

While Ragnar grieved, you only had one question. Who killed Athelstan?