15

It had been a few months since Ivar and Hvitserk had fled. Day by day, you were not only growing weaker, but you were becoming more scared for you and Yrsa. You were barely getting any food or water.

Your hopes were dimming the more days pass, as were Yrsa's. The room was always dark and cold. Your skin was dirty.

As the door opened, you and Yrsa whimpered, cowering behind the bed even more then you had before.

When the bright light shone in and hit your eyes, you hissed, having not seen much light at all.

"Eat. Before you starve to death."

With that, the door was slammed shut.

While Yrsa cried, you rubbed her back and stroked her hair. "Papa will come for us. He wouldn't leave us behind." You whispered

"I want to go home. I want to go back to Kattegat." Yrsa sobbed

"Shh. I know, darling. I do to." You shakily said as you grabbed the food for Yrsa

-

You could hear very faint cheering from outside and frowned. Able to tune out the voices, you went back under the blankets with Yrsa, both hiding from the ghosts of your past and the outside world.

When the door opened again, you shrieked when the blanket was ripped off and you were forced to stand. Before you was Oleg as you grabbed Yrsa.

He dragged you through the halls without a word and in return, Yrsa was running after you both.

Soon, you all stood on the balcony off the palace, overlooking Prince Dir's people. In the crowd, you found Ivar and Hvitserk standing and staring up at you both.

Ivar's heart shattered at the sight of his wife and daughter. Both of them had pale skin and dirt all over them. Astrid's once beautiful and long black hair was tangled and messy and it was the same with Yrsa's hair.

While he couldn't see Yrsa's face, he could see yours and he could tell that you were absolutely terrified of everything and he could only imagine that horrible things that Oleg had put you and Yrsa through.

"My brothers." Oleg began. "Let us all live in peace together. Let us live as God intended. Let us talk and forever put our differences aside. Igor, I love you like a son!"

Looking down, you saw the young boy beside Ivar. He, too, was angered and upset by the state of you and Yrsa, realizing that the abuse you two had received was much worse then the abuse he received from Oleg.

"And you, Ivar, like a brother!" Oleg continues. "For God's sake. For the love of God... for everything that is holy, let us live in peace and love, please."

Looking down again, you made eye contact with your husband.

The old Astrid would have found a way to kill Oleg already. But this new Astrid is to weak. Ivar knew that his Astrid couldn't do anything. Besides, Igor should be the one to kill Oleg.

You whimpered when you saw Ivar turn, thinking he was leaving again. Though you were relieved to see he had grabbed a bow and an arrow, and watched him glare up at Oleg.

After talking with Igor, you saw Ivar grew frustrated and dropped his crutch. He aimed the arrow at Oleg before hearing Yrsa's whimper.

"Get back!" He shouted from below

As you were backing away from Oleg with Yrsa in your arms, Igor grabbed the bow and stopped Ivar.

"No, Igor! Not you!" Oleg shouts as Igor raised the bow instead