Ragnarok

You sat in your throne, Ivar speaking to a scout.
"So?" You husband asks, ready for the news

"We saw two armies marching together. One was led by Bjorn Ironside and King Harald Finehair." The scout says

"You recognized them?" Ivar asks, earning a nod from the man.

"And the other army, by a King or Earl we did not recognize." The scout spoke.

"Together with someone we did recognize." A female scout adds.

"My brother, Hvitserk." Ivar realizes.

"Yes, my King." The male scout said

"And you are completely sure?" Ivar asks

"Yes. Without any doubt." The female scout answers

"That is good, huh?!" Ivar asks, chuckling darkly. "Don't you think that's good, my darling?" Ivar asks as he faces you and Yrsa.

"My fellow gods at last allow me to see my fate!" Ivar sighs as he sat down. "Now all of my brothers are against me. Now I know I'm the chosen one."

-

You sat by the window, listening to banging of the hammers as the blacksmiths make a heavy metal gate and watch the guards on the wall as they prepared for the attack.

You looked to Ivar who lay in bed, asleep. Then you look to Yrsa who also was asleep. You frowned when you saw the empty spot beside her and sighed.

You were really going to betray your husband...

-

When you awoke the next morning, you saw that Ivar wasn't in bed. Instead, he was sitting beside you, watching you sleep. You sat up on your elbows, looking up at your husband. "What is it, Ivar?" You ask

"I need to know that you've forgiven me."

You remained silent as he stared at you with a frown.

"I'm sorry, my little dove. For all that I do. I'm sorry. I love you, Astrid. You know that." Ivar whispers

"And I love you too. I forgive you for hurting me. But I will never forgive you for what you did to Baldur." You say, watching Ivar nod in understanding. "I will always love you, Ivar. But a part of me will always hate you for what you did my my son."

Ivar nodded again, sniffling as you placed a hand on his cheek. You rested your head against his own, both of you now having tears in your eyes. When you heard the sound of the horn, you both pulled away, looking toward the door.

Looking back toward you, Ivar reached toward you, not missing the way that you try to avoid his touch. Moving slowly, he gently stroked your cheek, and then proceeded to pull you in for a kiss.

You loved the familiar feeling as you leaned into him. He smiled at this before he sadly had to pull away and rested his forehead against yours again. "I have to go." He whispers

"I will prepare. Yrsa will remain here with the thralls and we can leave 4 guards behind to protect her." You said, earning a nod from Ivar.

"I will wait outside." Ivar says

You nodded as he left, before you stood and began to get changed.

-

After leaving your daughter with a young thrall and 4 guards, you had run outside to the wall where Ivar and the rest of your men waited, running up the stairs and to where Ivar stood, holding his hand out for you to take which you did.

The army was large and coming from the north. Bjorn stood at the front, white face paint under his eyes and the eyes of his army.

Your forces were divided as more men rushed to the west wall. Everywhere, your army ran to the walls to defend the kingdom as you looked back to Bjorn's forces.