The Best Laid Plans

"We leave in spring. Are you... ready to return to Norway?" Ivar asks, looking to Hvitserk as he held your sleeping daughter. "Are you ready to fight against Bjorn with me, Astrid, and the Rus?"

You stood in front of the fire, scanning the carved wood with both men glancing over at you occasionally.

"I see now that, a lot of my life, I've fought against my fate. But now I'm resigned." Hvitserk said

"Resigned?" You ask. "To what?"

"I have committed myself to the destructive element." Hvitserk replies

Ivar huffs when he realizes what his brother meant and gave him a look. You, on the other hand, we're still clueless as the what he meant.

"Come, little dove." Ivar summons quietly. You smiled, not hesitating to walk to him.

-

Late that night, you sat on Ivar's lap, muzzling into his neck. When Ivar realized why you were doing it, he frowned.

Neither of you have had sex since you were pregnant. It was clear that you wanted him again but he was afraid that he would plant another cripple in your womb and would have to kill that child as well.

"Don't." Ivar whispers, grabbing your hand. "I can't..."

You ignored his words, kissing down his chest, to just above his waist and kissing back up to his neck.

"You know I can't."

"Of course, you can." You tell him before placing a kiss on his lips

Ivar smiled into this before remembering why he didn't want to and pulled away. "No..." he whispers

"Ivar..." you sighed. "If you can't, then why... is your prick like this right now?" You ask, grinding down on his already hard cock

Ivar grunted and decided he'd deal with the consequences later on, grabbing the back of your neck and pulling you in for a powerful kiss.

You giggled as he rolled both of you Ivar, also laughing until the laughs turned into moans and grunts of pleasure.

5 years without each other earns sex....... for a very long time.

-

Looking up early that morning, you saw many birds fly over Kiev.

You smiled at the sight of Yrsa's wondrous eyes, seeing Ivar also smiling at the sight of his daughter.

"It's spring, my darlings." Ivar said to both you and Yrsa. "Soon, we will return home."

"Will Asa be there?" Yrsa asks

"Who knows, darling?" Ivar asks as he picks her up. "But if Asa is not there, we will find you many new friends."

-

You smirked when you saw the Kingdom of King Harald.

Sailing closer and closer, you grew excited as Ivar helped you with your armour.

Igor stood behind you all, dressed in his own sort of armour. Over the time you had been at Kiev, you saw that Igor and your husband had grown a father and son type of bond and that pleased you.

But now, Igor was also developing a bond with you which you were happy about to.

"Are you excited to watch, Igor?" You ask

"Very. Yet, I cannot wait until I get to fight one day." The young boy replied

"Well, I'll teach you one day." You promise, earning a smile from the young boy.