A Good Treason

Many years had passed when the men finally returned from the raid on the great city. Rollo was still in Paris. Ragnar had been injured as it wasn't looking good. You could only pray he would get better soon. Now, you were no longer 11. Now, you and Ubbe were 14. You, Ubbe and Hvitserk ran through the streets of Kattegat, dragging a wagon that held Ivar in it. Sigurd ran after you all as Ivar squealed in joy.

"Is it fun, Ivar?" You asked

"I love it!" Ivar cheered as he beamed up at you causing you to laugh

"Out of the way!" Prince Ubbe shouted, the people quickly listening as they watched with smiles.

"Be careful not to break my bones!" Little Ivar shouted

You kept running until you entered the Great Hall with laughter bubbling from your throats. "He likes it!" You cheered with a smile

"Do you want to go again, Ivar?" Hvitserk asked as Sigurd sat down

"Faster, faster!" Ivar cheered

Bjorn soon walked in causing you all to cheer and run to him. "Where are the little children?!"

Bjorn hugged you, Ubbe and Hvitserk first with a tight grip before he released you all and hugged Sigurd. Ivar was still in his wagon beside you as Bjorn picked Sigurd up and looked at you all.

"Let's see. Ubbe, Astrid, Hvitserk, Sigurd and Ivar." Bjorn said, pointing to you all as he spoke your names.

"Ivar!" Ivar growled lowly, trying to sound dangerous causing Bjorn to laugh as you and Ivar kept play-growling at each other.

"Ah, you are all so big. But Astrid is still smaller then you, boys." Bjorn teased causing you to glare as he laughed while Aslaug came over. "Queen Aslaug." Bjorn greeted

"Bjorn. Children, why don't you keep playing?" Aslaug asked

"Would you like to play again, Ivar?" You asked earning an eager nod from the young boy

You smiled as you and Ubbe grabbed the handle for the wagon and soon, you all began running through the streets of Kattegat again.

-

After playing with Ivar, you sat with Sigurd and the young crippled boy by the fire. Ubbe and Hvitserk sat across from the three of you as you ate and spoke of the next raid that you might go on.

You had asked Aslaug to see the riches that the men had collected in Paris. Of course, Bjorn and Aslaug agreed and now the men were bringing it in. Endless piles of treasure and gold coins. Silver crowns, cups, and dishes. Beautiful jewelry.

You and the boys went through it, of course, your curiosity getting the better of you.

You pulled out a strong sword that shone in the light of the flames. It was much to big for you but you smiled as you walked to Ivar.

"One day, you could have a sword like this, Ivar!" You said as the boy smiled in excitement.

"We would raid together, right? Me, you and my brothers?" Ivar asked

"Of course! We'll always be a team. All 6 of us." You promised.

"Astrid. Come here." You heard Ubbe say from the piles of riches.

You smiled, standing up and leaving Ivar with a handful of gold coins, taking the dangerous weapon with you as you made your way to your tall friend.

"Look." Ubbe smiled. You looked to what he held and saw a beautiful necklace. It was shining with a dark red color. Ubbe knew how much you loved the color red.