The Great Army

Months had passed. Ivar's hair had grown much longer now. It was slicked back and well kept, by you, of course.

"That is my knife." Ivar said to Sigurd, watching his brother use it to sharpen his knife

Sigurd sighed as he walked inside while Ivar repeated himself.

"No, it is not." Sigurd said.

"Give it to me." Ivar said

"You're crazy. It is not your knife." Sigurd said. "Father gave me this knife."

"I want it." Ivar said as Sigurd continued to sharpen a piece of wood again while Ivar crawled to the floor. "I will kill Lagertha with it. I will kill Lagertha with Father's knife."

"Well, you can't have it." Sigurd said.

"That's enough." Ubbe said

Hvitserk, Bjorn and the rest of their raiding party were still out in the Mediterranean and Ubbe was in charge of you all.

Ivar suddenly ripped Sigurd's stool out from underneath him as the brothers began fighting while you ate your food, watching in amusement.

Ubbe stood and walked past you, pulling Ivar off Sigurd and pulling Sigurd to stand.
"Hey! We have important decisions to make."

"As usual, you must tell us how to behave." Sigurd exclaimed.

"Who else would do it? Astrid? She doesn't care. I'm the only one who can keep you under control!"

"Right here, Ubbe." You growled

Ubbe sighed, giving you a look as he grabbed the knife from both boys.

"I wish Bjorn was here." Ubbe huffed as he sat down

"Do you think he knows about father?" Sigurd asked

"Oh, so you think that Odin told us and Loki told Astrid but they forgot to tell Bjorn, Hmm?" Ivar asked, tapping his head and telling Sigurd to think

"Hopefully, he will be home soon. In the meantime, it is up to us to decide what to do." Ubbe said.

"We're listening." You said. "Say something interesting."

"You all heard him. 'How my little piggies will grunt when they hear how the old boar suffered.'" Ubbe said

You nodded and sighed as Ivar crawled back to sit beside you.

"So now, we're grunting. So what?" Ivar asked

"We want blood revenge against Alle, hmm?"

"Yes." Sigurd nodded

"Not only against Alle." Ivar sighed. "We told you, King Ecbert offered our father up like a sacrifice, so we'll do the same thing to him." Ivar snarled. "That is what Father wanted."

"Yes. That is the message he wanted us to bring to you." You said

"That is so easy to say, Astrid." Ubbe sighed

"Oh, here he is." You snapped. "The voice of reason." You said, stabbing your knife into the table. "I hate reason."

"As do I, my love." Ivar sighed

"What do you mean, Ubbe?" Sigurd asked as you moved to sit on the bed, Ivar following you. "I'm listening, even if they're not."

"Alle has a small kingdom but Ecbert's is vast. How do we overcome that when we have never attempted anything like that before?" Ubbe asked.

"We raise an army." Sigurd said

"No, you're not listening, Brother." Ubbe said.

We raise a great army. An army bigger then ever before." Sigurd said.