The Revelation

Kattegat was abandoned as you rode into it. It made victory so much better, knowing that they were so scared that they fled the kingdom. The farmers and traders had remained but the warriors were no longer there. Neither was Lagertha.

"PEOPLE OF KATTEGAT! I AM IVAR THE BONELESS! I AM A SON OF RAGNAR LOTHBROK!ALL HAIL YOUR NEW KING!"

Everyone had got on their knees, including you.

Ivar was now King.

Ivar smiled down at you, gesturing for you to stand beside him.

"NOW, START PLANNING THE WEDDING! FOR ASTRID THE HEARTLESS IS TO BE MY QUEEN!"

You smiled as you curled closer to Ivar while he placed a strong kiss on your lips.

-

That night, everyone was gathered in the hall to watch a Frankish guard fight Vikings. Ivar was drunk of course, as were many others.

You rolled your eyes as you watched Ivar piss on Lagertha's throne, chuckling quietly at your drunk lover's behaviour. But you were drunk as well, so you really shouldn't talk.

"TO KATTEGAT!" Harald roared

"TO KATTEGAT!" Everyone shouted

"The greatest prize of all." Harald said, also drunk

"As long as Lagertha remains alive, then I have not yet had my revenge." Ivar said, sitting down beside you again. "We have gained the kingdom of Kattegat but I still have a hollow feeling inside."

"Don't worry." Harald said. "How long can she and the others escape us? We have scouts everywhere. And after all, where can they go? Who will shelter them from us? But it is true. I also feel hollow inside. I have gained the world. I've lost everything. I killed my own brother. My wife is dead. And my unborn child with her."

"Harald, I wouldn't worry to much about that!" Ivar said, patting the man's shoulder.

"What do you mean?" Harald asks

"Life goes on! Take a look around! There are plenty of beautiful women here! Just look at my future wife!" Ivar said, gesturing to you as you chuckled. He moved away from the other king, moving to wrap his arms around you.

"Are you happy, my love?" He slurs

"Of course I am, King Ivar." You laughed as Ivar grinned. As he went to kiss you, you stopped him.

"Wait till later darling. We wouldn't want you getting to tired. I know how much you love to celebrate things like this."

You smirked as his eyes turned dark with lust before you stood and walked off to celebrate with the people, leaving your lover to look after you.

"Warriors!" You heard Harald shout as he stood up. Seeing that you were unable to see, Many men helped lift you up to stand on a chair, a few having to support you so you didn't fall.

"Warriors! It's time for another toast!" Harald shouts. "To Ivar the Boneless, the new King of Kattegat!"

You saw Ivar laughing as everyone applauded him and cheered for him. Ivar looked to you, watching as you raised your glass to him.

"And to his future wife, Astrid the Heartless! May their wedding be as grand as the wedding of Odin and Frigg!!" Harald said.

The crowd cheered again, this time, looking to you.

"BRING IN THE QUEEN!" You shouted, watching as a man came in, carrying a goat with a crown nearly identical to Lagertha's, everyone laughing.

The goat was placed on Lagertha's old throne as Ivar held out his cup of ale, whistling as he offered the drink to the goat with a laugh, everyone laughing more when the goat refused