Resurrection

It did not take long to find Hvitserk for he had not ventured to far. Now, you drive the wagon, looking over your shoulder to see him and Yrsa cuddling under many furs to keep warm.

Revna rode beside the wagon, everyone remaining silent as you all moved through the woods. "We should rest soon." She noted

"At nightfall, we shall rest." You nodded

The woman grunted and moved back to the front of the line where she led the way east.

-

You and your shield maidens crouched down in the trees, watching the men that were speaking in a strange language as they guarded a boat.

"Who are these people, my Queen?" Revna asks

"I don't know, but they aren't Viking. It's not one of my ships nor Harald's. They must be scouts for someone else." You sigh

"But whose?" Revna wonders aloud

You quietly drew your sword, glancing back at the wagon where Yrsa and Hvitserk hid underneath the furs.

"Quiet, all of you. But move quickly." You order

The women nodded and did as told, drawing their own weapons and quietly following. If one guard looked over, the only thing they would notice would be your red face paint and evil eyes staring them down.

You grinned when the man in charge shouted an order, pointing his sword at you.

A group of men came from behind as the women surrounded you for your own safety. You smirked at this, knowing that not only was the enemy outnumbered but even if they managed to have more men, you were protected.

When you saw the men had archers, your grabbed your shield. "SHIELD WALL!" You order; the woman grunting in sync as they lifted their shield.

As men ram forward, you handed your sword to Revna and took her spear. "OPEN!"

The shields opened and you quickly ran out, slashing and stabbing at 3 incoming men.

They dropped dead and you retreated, the shields hiding you from an arrow that nearly hit you.

As the woman had quickly managed to kill the men attacking from behind, now the focus was on the front.

"ARCHERS!"

The women holding the shields crouched down and the archers stood, shooting at the incoming men.

Soon enough, you knew you had to open and attack. So that's what you did.

You and your women ran out and attacked the men.

You were faced with 2 men and quickly managed to defeat one but sadly, as you went to turn and finish the other one, he managed to slice at your rib cage. Growing irritated, you slit his throat before jumping back into battle.

"RETREAT!" You heard Revna order. "RETREAT!"

Looking around, you frowned as you see these men were better then you thought. The leader of the enemy continued to shout orders while you ran back up the hill but froze when you heard the familiar thump.

Thump... step

Thump... step

Thump... step

Turning, you saw him. There stood Ivar as he came out from behind a tree, dressed in strange furs.

Sensing eyes staring at him, he turned and made eye contact with you, both of you freezing in your spot.