Ch. Forty One 👑

Namjoon stands in front of Tae's room. Jungkook and one of Felix's guards looking back at him. He's been there for almost twenty minutes. He practiced what to say but he can't manage to open the door yet. So Jungkook gives him a little push

- You wanna go in, Namjoon? You can just enter, no need to knock

The Prince looks at him. He knows he's close to Tae. If there's two people his little brother always talked about, those were Jimin and Jungkook. He's glad they're both by his side.

He takes a deep breath and enters the room. There, a half surprised half angry Tae looks back at him.

- Oh, look who decided to show up! Finally! I almost forgot your face at this point

Namjoon can't say he wasn't expecting a comment like that.

- Sorry Taehyung... I'm really sorry about all of this

- Are you? Did you even try saying no to this stupid deal?

- Well...Look...Uhm...

That gives Tae the answer. Wasn't it obvious anyway?

- Get out

- If it wasn't for the war I would've never done it! You know that...

- I understand. It's fine.

It's not hard to notice this is everything but fine. His sad eyes hide nothing. And Namjoon has to try his best not to break down seeing him so resigned to this destiny.

- I'll get you out of here, Tae. Felix has the stupidest plan and I'll make sure to-

- I'm in love.

Shock makes Namjoon stop for a moment. Where the hell did that come from?

- With Felix?!

- What?! No! Don't be ridiculous! I love Jungkook

- Jungkook?...As in...Jimin's guard Jeon Jungkook?

- You know any other?

- I thought you were just friends and...oh...OH... Tae, that can't happen. You know that, right?

Of course he knows. That's exactly why he said it. Who cares what Namjoon does now? He will be miserable no matter what happens

- Tae... I'll soon take the throne. I'll make sure, the moment I'm King I'll do what I can so you can be with him. I promise, we'll find a way to-

- You already promised that once. You never said it out loud but that's what you showed me! You saw me reject every idiot that came for my hand and you heard the horrible excuses I said and yet you supported every single one of them. Because you knew they wouldn't make me happy. But look at me now! I tried on a wedding suit two hours ago! And I'm supposed to memorize my wedding bows now...

- I-I'm sorry...I know I failed you but I'll fix it! You won't marry Felix because I-

- Because what?! You'll cut his head off?! You will, won't you? That's your plan!

Namjoon feels caught, how did he know?

- That's how you fix things! While you're at it why don't you put Jimin's life on the line? Or Jungkook's or Jin's? Pick whichever friend you'd like!

Namjoon knows his plan of facing Felix the way he was going to is no longer a choice. He hurt his brother enough already. Even if he thinks that is a valid solution, Tae doesn't. And maybe he's right.

Tired of his presence, Tae asks him to leave. He doesn't have the energy to go on with this conversation. And Namjoon has no other choice but to leave him alone.

The walk downstairs is silent on the outside. But in his head he's thinking every possible option he has to stop the wedding. He might need some help. And he hates asking for it.

As he opens the kitchen door a conversation makes him stop in his tracks and stay quiet. Jin is holding jewels in front of Seungmin as he talks.

- Three times what he gave you and enough for you to leave afterwards

Namjoon is rather confused. Since when does Jin have that amount of jewelery? Where the hell did that come from? But what caught his attention is Seungmin's shiny and excited eyes. He didn't even know that guy had a smile!

- I'll take it.

Not wanting that conversation to continue, Namjoon opens the door loudly making the three Chefs turn around. Seungmin hiding the jewels in his pocket.

- Sir...what can we do for you?

- I just uhmmm wanted to talk to him for a moment - he points at Jin -...about the wedding, of course

Only once they are both out of the kitchen and there's no one else around, the Prince can take Jin by the shoulders and whisper-scream at him

- What the hell are you doing with the guy that almost poisons me?!

- I'm saving your brother, you idiot!

Yes, the Chef just insulted him. He didn't even realize he did. But Namjoon...he wasn't angry. He wasn't even thinking in firing him. The only thing that crossed his mind is how pretty Jin looked being so frustrated. How can he look beautiful even now?

Namjoon stops himself. This is not what he should focus on! There's something more important.

- Wait...You have a plan?

- Of course I have a-

Jin stops mid sentence. He can't tell him what he's doing. Not all of it at least...but maybe ...

- I have an idea. Yeah...Namjoon, who do you think can take the throne from Felix?

- What? Chef no offense but-

- What? - he says playfully - you don't know?

- Taemin is not really-

- Good, it's not Taemin. You're doing great! Who has the power to do it?

The people.

- The nobles!

- You're an idiot but that's good enough. Listen, I'll do my part but I need you to help me, okay?

And there it was. The one and only, Kim Seokjin was gonna work side by side with his biggest enemy, Kim Namjoon. If one of them could control the rebels and the other the nobles, Felix had no chance. For once, Namjoon sees a third answer to his questions. The war won't happen and neither will the wedding. Not as long as him and the handsome Chef do something about it.

For the following days, Felix is sure Namjoon is sick. Laying on the bed, with Seungmin next to him. But he doesn't even think in checking under his pillow were many letters are ready to be sent.

Next chapter

I do want to marry you one day, Tae

You worried about me, Chef?

------------------------------------------------------
Namjoon is whipped as fuuuuck. I love it. Next chapter is the wedding day! And you'll see all three couples!

By the way, I read all your comments y'all are so sweet and supportive of this ff I'm gonna die TvT

See on Saturday (we might start the marathon that day!)

- Baby Y

P.S: Did you see the new stray kids MV? I'm not sure how I survived Jisung's existence