Ch. Sixty two 👑

Taehyung walks down the stairs. Despite spending the whole day in bed looking at his brother work, he feels tired. Any energy he ever had was drained out of him. As soon as the guards see him they move aside letting him pass. And there laying on the floor looking at the ceiling, is his prisoner.

The red-headed boy looks up at him as he enters. He shows a wide smile like pretending this is all a game. He has to smile. He's the only hope left in this Kingdom.

- Oh, I have a visit? And if it isn't the Young Prince himself! It's been a while since you ruined my life!

Taehyung tries his best not to feel any guilt. He keeps his poker face and gets closer to the cell. Of course he still keeps some distance as Hobi sits up.

- Hoseok...

- It's 'Hope' for you, Young Prince

- You shouldn't look this happy. My brother will sentence you to death on his coronation day

- He will? Hmm...disappointed but not surprised. He's not very smart, is he? We gave him a warning and he'll do that? Sounds like he's declaring war on his own people.

- Hoseok...- He tries to say the words he's been practicing in his head -...maybe he can forgive you

- Come again, what did you say?

- It was my fault. If I would've accepted your marriage proposal you wouldn't be here now. I...I am really sorry about that. Honestly. I think that I can stop this if you just say you're sorry

- So...you want me to lie? That's not my style

- Hoseok! You're days away from dying! Can't you just assume your blame?! You're a traitor! An enemy of the Kingdom!

- This is not how you talked to the prisoners of Seoul...

Taehyung stays in complete shock. How does he know that? He wasn't there! An idea makes him feel terrible. What if...he knows that because Jungkook told him. Was he really that close to the thieves?

- You're not even close to be how they were! The people of Seoul fought against Felix looking for justice!

- You're so fucking dumb Taehyung...

Hobi goes back to the position he was in before. Frustrated, Tae sits on the floor as well just like he did in Seoul a few weeks ago. Maybe he can try. Just try to understand the thief

- How did it happen?

- Hmm?

- How did you go from living in an orphanage to leaving me in my underwear near a lake

- HAHAHA OH MY GOD HAHAHHA I almost forgot about that day! A day to remember!

- Ugh, forget it...

- I met them...my brothers. There was this other kid in the orphanage. He looked scary as fuck on the outside but he turned out to be the kindest boy I've met. He used to give me his portion of food everyday. I was confused at first. I thought he was gonna die of hunger! But one day I followed him...He was eating from-

- The dumpster behind the orphanage...

- Smart kid. After that I followed his steps and gave my portion to other kids as well.

- That boy was Suga, wasn't it? He's the one that looks scary...

- Exactly. And not long after that someone else went to the dumpster. A tall boy. One who came from Gwacheon where his parents died. And he wouldn't stop fighting for what he wanted. We became friends when he told us he worked in a bakery hahaha

- Jin Hyung...

The Chef's story sounded a lot like a story he heard before. But for now Taehyung tries to ignore it.

- Despite having friends I felt miserable. I was supposed to help my family but I ended up there...So they came up with a plan. They robbed from a noble and gave me the money. They asked me to go back home and give it to my mother so I could have a decent life again. And I was so dumb I did it. But she didn't want me back. I was just a way for to pay her debts. And I barely gave her enough to pay for food.

- B-But that's ridiculous! You're his son!

- That's what Suga said when I came back crying. We went to visit Jin and he gave us some bread to feel better. We took it back to the orphanage. And the next day he gave us more and we took it to one of the homeless girls that we saw in the dumpster every now and then. Before we realized we were using the bakery to bring food to anyone who needed it. Eventually, we swore we wouldn't let our people be hungry if we can avoid it. And only then I found where I really belong. With them...

Taehyung has a weird feeling inside. He heard that story before. The first time he cried in front of Jin. But...it was supposed to be fiction! It wasn't real. It couldn't be! Jin told him the story of the poor boys to distract him from his broken heart!...For a moment he thinks maybe that story is real..but the others weren't...right?

- The doctor...- Tae asks softly - Is there a doctor in town?

- Oh no, we heal with magic. Of course there is one, you idiot!

- And he...took good care of a soldier that ran from war? He helped him hide from the troops?

Hoseok doesn't answer. How does he know about that? That's a secret only they know. Taehyung continues

- And there's a Chef. One that fell in love with a costumer that went to his store every Thursday

Kihyun, Hobi thinks.

- Well, look at that...you know more about your people than I thought!

Taehyung immediately gets up. He can't believe it. They sounded like heroes when Jin told him their stories. But... they're real. And they're friends with the thieves. But then...are they really the terrible people he thinks they are?

He refuses not to know the answer to that question. And as fast as possible he leaves Hobi alone and confused. Ready to look for his older brother and get to the bottom of it.

Next Chapter

What took you to reject my cute little angel?

You're trying for him not to follow you...but you want him to, don't you?

------------------------------------------------------
Hi! I know, I know! It's a little later than usual...but I wasn't feeling really well. I hope I didn't miss any grammar mistakes again hahaha

Taehyung still has some learning to do, but next time we have to see our lil meow meow!

Have a nice weekend! Rest and drink water and stuff! I'll have a nap now

- Baby Y