Ch. Sixty One 👑

- This is sooo delicious! You're amazing, Jin!

- Thank you, Sir

- Oh, please don't call me "sir". You're my guest! Just call me Woozi like everyone else!

Jin nods and gives him a short smile. Despite cooking for him he was allowed to sit with the now King of Ilsan and eat by his side. Honestly, he wasn't sure if that was normal in this Kingdom but Woozi insisted. The Chef eats calmly, having little to no energy at all. It's been a few nights but he's still not able to sleep well. And Woozi notices.

- You know, you told me about what happened in Daegu but...what happened to you?

- Uh? Oh, well I just ran from the guards and

- No no no, to you...I mean, is that pained expression because your friend is now in jail? Or...is there something else?

- I guess...- He feels a little tense - it's many things, really. I feel guilty about what happened to Hobi. And I feel guilty about... hurting people who once trusted me. But at the same time I know I'm right and I'm not gonna apologize to any idiot.

- Oooh, you're one of those - Jin looks at him confused - You have a huge ego, don't you? I don't judge you for it. The world made you to this way, I know. When my brother died everyone thought my kingdom was doomed. They treated me like an idiot. So I just had to be strong and show them what I could do. And here I am! And unlike Namjoon I never lost my kindness just for having a big ego myself

- R-Right...

Woozi can instantly notice how Jin looks away hearing Prince Kim's name. And it doesn't take much for him to understand what's going on.

- Oh, I see...

- See what?

- So there's two of you with a huge ego who don't wanna admit to be wrong and who wanna both kill and kiss each other. Am I wrong?

- I-I don't know what you're talking about

Jin's face is completely red. Woozi can't help but laugh

- Of course not, admitting something like that is not your style - Jin looks at him offended - nor his...

Jin tries to stay quiet and not say any comments. He just eats avoiding to think about the future King of Daegu. About how dumb he is. And about how much he would love to see him again. But Ilsan's King won't let him do that and talks again

- His coronation day is around the corner. It's common for Kings to give one important order on their first day as leaders. One that will dictate how will their ruling be

- I know, it's a stupid tradition. They don't have to order things on the first stupid day

- But they do...and tell me, Jin...what do you think his first order will be?

The Chef thinks. Some of the options make his heart beat faster. Be forgiven. Him and his friends. Something to help the people. Or maybe...his eyes go wide and he panics. He knows exactly what the first order is gonna be. And it's not gonna be good.

- Hobi...

Back in Daegu, Namjoon does paperwork. He does it without paying attention to it. His brain is set in automatic at this point. All he wants is for his brain to stop thinking about Jin. Anything that can keep his head distracted is enough for him. His room is quiet but he's not alone. In his bed, his little brother is resting.

Since the whole thing happened they haven't left each other's side not even for a moment. Taehyung has nothing to do there. But he stays. Namjoon appreciates the fact that he has him to make sure he doesn't fall a part. Though honestly, Tae thinks the exact same thing about him.

After knocking on the door, Minhyuk enters the room carrying two coffees and cinnamon rolls for the Princes. Tae refuses to eat them. They remind him of Jin. Another friend who betrayed him and left the castle without even saying goodbye. For the first time in a few days he leaves the bed.

- I'll go out for a moment. I need to talk to someone

Namjoon nods and as soon as he leaves the room he lets out a deep breath. God, he would love to cry his eyes out right now. But he shouldn't. He should just work and forget about everything. He takes a sip of the coffee and his eyes go wide. Then a bite of the cinnamon roll and he immediately gets up making the chair fall back.

There's no way to be mistaken. That taste is unique. He runs out of the room and heads to the kitchen as fast as he can

- It's impossible. He can't be here

The guards would've arrested him. Even though he tried to convince others that Jin had nothing to do with this, he couldn't do much. It was obvious he took part in it. After all, all of the thieves escaped through the kitchen. And so did he.

He opens the kitchen door and there, standing in front of him cooking something for dinner, there's a short man. He never saw him before so he must be the new Chef. He softly sings a song with a beautiful voice ignoring the Prince.

- Excuse me...uhmmm...H-How was your name?

The boy turns around and immediately bows in a respectful way.

- Kihyun, Sir. I'm new here. What can I do for you?

- Where did you learn how to make these?

- In town, Sir. I always made them in my bakery. Did you like them? And the coffee? It has some chocolate!

- Did he send you? - He gets closer and takes him by the apron's - Where is he?

He tries to whisper the question. What is he even doing? He isn't supposed to know where he is. He should just forget about it. But he can't help to ask. Kihyun however doesn't let the other scare him. Just like he did for years whenever someone came in his bakery asking to know about the thieves, he simply answers

- I don't know who you're talking about

Namjoon lets him go and walks back out. He's not sure what to think. Is he going crazy? Is Kihyun another thief? Is Jin near? Are they friends? But before he can get to his room or find an answer to his questions he sees his little brother run up to him.

- Namjoon, they're real! Everything he told me is true! It's them! That's why we never found them!

Next Chapter

Oh, I have a visit? And if it isn't the Young Prince himself!

How did you go from living in an orphanage to leaving me in my underwear near a lake?

------------------------------------------------------
We're so close to the end I'm gonna die. Get ready for it!

Only DohaElSalam guessed where Jin was going hahaha. Many old characters are coming back for a moment like Kihyun or Woozi.

See you on Saturday! And we'll see what will be Namjoon's first order...

- Baby Y