Ch. Sixty Four 👑

Namjoon isn't sure how to react. His brother was speaking nonsense a minute ago and now he's dragging him back to the kitchen. Trying to understand what the hell is he talking about he pulls back.

- Tae, wait! Can you give me at least one full sentence?!

- The thieves...they...uhmm...

Taehyung isn't sure what to say. He needs more information himself. But his brother has a slight idea of what's happening.

- They what, Tae?...Look, I know what you're thinking. I know you wanna tell me they're good people but... that's not true

- Jin is not a bad person. He's not and you know it

- I...I know. But he's an exception. And even he made a huge mistake. Taehyung please, let's not name him again

The way he says those last few words make Taehyung's heart break. His older brother looks so miserable talking about Jin. He looks like if he hates every word that comes out of his mouth but he can't find reasons to think otherwise. However he won't give up. He'll give him a reason.

- Come with me. Just for today. I won't name him again after this, I promise.

Defeated, he follows Tae back to the kitchen. There, Minhyuk and Kihyun see them enter and try to remain calm.

- Hello again, Sir. And good morning Young Pri-

- You fell in love with someone that saw you cook every Thursday. You learned everything you know from Jin because he was in charge of the bakery before

- I...I mean I did marry Shownu but - He's ready to lie again - I never met Jin

Taehyung gets closer to him. Trying his best to look honest. He doesn't want to scare him with his questions. But he has too many. And maybe he knows who can answer them

- Where's the doctor's house? Where does he live? - Kihyun shows doubt - I won't arrest him nor you. You have my word. I just want to ask him something... please...

Kihyun decides to answer. They have nothing against him anyways. And if they even try to hurt the doctor, the whole town will rise against them. This time twice as hard.

Leaving Jaebum's house, Jennie sees who is waiting at the door. From all the people in the world that could come here for medicines, she never thought she would see the future King and his Young brother. She walks past them pretending not to realize who they are.

Uncomfortably, they ask permission to enter and Jaebum makes no complaints. If anything, he treats them with respect and makes them some tea. Namjoon is completely confused at this point. But he sits there, ready to see what Taehyung wants to do with this man.

- So...what can I do for you?

- Are you the one that helped cure Suga's eye?

Taehyung takes no time in asking. He wants to know this is the right guy and not just some random doctor Kihyun sent him to.

- I'm afraid I don't know what you're talking about

- So it is you... Please, answer my questions. Your answers will not make me do anything against you. If you tell me right now you're a thief and you tried to kill my father I will pretend I didn't hear you once I'm out of here. But I need to know some things...please

Jaebum sees the honesty in his Prince's eyes. They better keep their word. But before giving him any answers. There's someone there who needs to support Tae.

- Does your brother agree with what you said? Does he want to hear the truth and not punish me for it?

Namjoon doubts. He doesn't. He doesn't wanna hear or talk about them again. He wants to be ignorant. Forget about the boy he loves and never mention his name. But even if that's what his head thinks, his heart has a different plan. And slowly he nods, making the doctor feel calm.