Chapter 27/Levi POV

A day before Levi proposed

Levi POV

"I don't know, I can't seem to locate her fucking anywhere. She's either gone missing, hurt maybe or she's purposely avoiding me." My fingers drum against my forearm as I pace Erwins quarters. My chest feels restricted, I can't breathe. I haven't been able to since she left.

"And she ran, she didn't say anything?" Erwin crossed his legs, settling back into his office chair as his hand came up to cup his chin.

Cocking my head to the side I meet his eyes, releasing a heavy breath I wasn't aware I was holding in.

"Not a fucking word, she whimpered. Tears running down her face. Water works and all, she put on quite the performance." Grunting out loud, answering his question as I lean back into the wall.

Erwin sighs, tilting his head to the side as he looks off into the distance like he's mowing something over.

Thinking.

"What is it that you want Levi?" He turns his body to face me, giving me the attention I deserve.

It makes me uncomfortable to be honest. I never liked attention being on myself.

Rolling my eyes I can't help but throw my head back into the wall.

"Tch, when have my wants ever mattered? They won't, I'm a Captain. She is too, our duty is to protect the people within the walls. Besides Tommy has her in that death lock. I want to help her, pull her from it. I just can't figure out a way to get around it. Well......not a legal way." I scoff out loud.

"Marry her, beat him to it. If she's legally tied to someone else, she can't marry another. The laws will not permit it. Marry her Levi." Erwin stands up, crossing the room to reach inside a drawer in his desk. The atmosphere in the room becoming sickeningly heavy.

My hand comes up to pinch the bridge of my nose. It's not like this was the first time the thought had crossed my mind... but still I wanted to ask her on my own terms. Not rushed, just us being....us? Maybe in a romantic way, it wasn't really my style but it could be for her.

Shaking my head free of the perfect thought I look back to Erwin.

"You can't be serious. The law was all about keeping us apart before and now they are just willing to bind us together? Sounds to goo-"

"I'm almost willing to try anything if that means I can keep Y/N as a Captain under my Command. I need her, her scores. She can't be replaced, we the people need her. I think we both know that. We are just fighting for different reasons." He pushes a stack of papers over to me.

My hand coming out to snag them as my eyes skimmed over them.

Marriage Application for Military Personnel's 

I  slapped the papers back down against the desk, closing my eyes as I breathed in.

I could hear Erwin setting two glasses down on his desk. Pouring them with brandy as he pushed one over to me.

My eyes opening just in time to see the dark liquid splash over the rim and onto the dark oak wood of his desk.

"What if I'm not ready? If I'm not marriage type?" I choke out. Grabbing ahold of the glass, pulling it to my lips.

These were real fears. I wanted Y/N for myself so I'd never have to see her with another, but could I give her a actual marriage. Love and all?

"What if I can't make her happy, what if I ruin her. We can't play fake, we never could. There's feelings Erwin. We'd loose ourselves to fast in the fanta-"