Chapter 90/ Levi POV

Y/N POV

Hange rinses my hand into a basin as my eyes trail over to the side. Levi sat in the chair beside my bed, hand in my free one with his head laid back against the chair. Passed out asleep, but even in his slumber I could sense the concern radaiting off of him. His hand still had a tight grip on my own.

Everything was ten times stronger now, things that barley affected me before, things that I could hardly sense prior were clear as day now.

He was right, we were no diffrenet from one another. We were both the same, a unit.

Hange's eyes follow mine as she scoots back in her chair to stand, making her way over to her supplies, her back to me.

"I can tell the bond is back in place and stronger then before."

Speaking over her shoulder, she looks back at me, meeting my eyes.

Not wanting to wake Levi, I simply nod, agreeing.

He clearly needed his rest, and I was hoping that it would help him calm down, seeing him in such a state, his eyes so dark..

It couldnt be good for him, there was no way.

Hange nods back.

"I'm pleased to hear so, he was so misrable at that ball I was suprised he didnt do it sooner. You know, he wanted to ask you right?"

My brows tug together as I watch her come back around to the bedside. My hand still tight in Levis as a scoff leaves my lips. Levi's hand twitches in my own. Something deep inside me told me that he may be asleep, but he was still very aware of his surroundings.

Looking back to make sure he was still asleep, I drop my voice lower.

"He never expressed that to me, he never said anything like that. Actually he's only ever said the opposite-"

"You were already going with Porco. I dont think he liked the thought of you out on another date with another man, in someone elses comapny. He forced himself to go, he never had any intention on showing. Seems like it was his breaking point along with your own."

She threads wire through a needle as she speaks with her head down.

I swallow, processing how right she was. Neither of us would admit it, but she was. Levi nor myself could take the distance any longer.

"Huh, I wish he would have spoken up. We could have gotten here a lot quicker if he had."

Glairing off to my right, I watch Levis chest rise and fall as he sleeps. His jaw flex as he swallows.

Hange scoffs.

"Never, at least not with him. It was always complacated with the two of you. Hes always been, I don't know.... Teratorial when it comes to you? He's not a friendly person to be around, he has been known to crack a few skulls around the base for even looking at you in the past. That's just who he is Y/N."

A grin tugs over my lips.

"Hes friendly enough when I'm around."

She shakes her head and grins, stopping what shes doing as she looks up to me.

"You and you only and even at then, he was a dick to you before you two got your shit straight. Trust me, the entire base is at ease now, not having a brooding old man like him around. At least hes happy now, things can go back to normal, at least somewhat."

Levi twitchesd in his sleep pulling my attention to him.

His brows tug together as he relaxes into the chair more, uncrossing his ankles, his hand still gripping mine as he exhales.