Chapter 131

Y/N POV

I stumble back, Levi's hand snaps out. Grabbing my belt buckle, his fingers curling around it as he stops me from falling back.

His gaze tenses, eyes locked on me.

He waits until I'm standing upright before removing his hold on the front of my belt.

"What do you mean? That me carrying another man's baby can hurt the child?"

My eyes narrow at him.

His hold on the desk tightens from where he leaned into it for support. His knuckles going white. My eyes trail up his chest, then to his neck where a vein was bulging as he fought to swallow, his jaw flexing in pain.

He was looking at me, in the way that hurt, he was hurt.

I could feel it, it was absolutely paralyzing. I had no idea how he still managed to hold himself upright, the pain....

It was beyond anything I ever thought I was capable of feeling.

He drops his gaze, looking away.

"Yes, that's exactly what I'm saying."

His head snaps up, eyes demanding my own as he pushes himself from the desk, crossing the small space between us, he slams down a mental wall. Refusing to allow me to pick at his mind anymore.

To allow me to feel what he felt.

His finger dig into the side of my cheeks as he holds my jaw in his hand.

His eyes fall from my face for just a moment looking off into the distance. His expression strains before he finds my eyes once more, wiping any emotion that was there a second ago away.

He looked worried, scared even. That much he was unable to hide.

"Yes, Y/N that's what I suspect will happen. I am not certain, we will need to look into this. But I do know this.."

He swallows, shaking his head before speaking.

"You are mine in every sense of the word, the bond solidifies that. You carrying another man's child goes against everything the Ackerman bond stands for in a mate."

His eyes lock with mine.

"I fear for the safety of the child, for your own."

My lip trembles, a choked sob leaving my lips. I cant hide it, he's quick to track it. Glancing down, his hold tightens on my face.

He breathes in.

"Look at me."

His fingernails digging into my cheek is what brings me back.

I hadn't realized I had gone elsewhere, that I had left my walls down.

That he had been feeling every emotion, every worry I was allowing my mind to run to.

My eyes snap back to his.

"We know nothing of this... We need to head into town tomorrow, I need to do some research of my own."

He doesn't let go of my face, his gaze grows darker.

"I will protect you Y/N, I will protect this child like it was my own. I need you to hear me when I say this. From this day forward, that child will never know I am not it's father, not unless you decide to let it know otherwise. That is your decision entirely, and Kaleb's."

I shake my head, he blinks before bringing my forehead to his lips.

"I will take care of the both of you, and Felix. I swear it."