Chapter 1

May 2007

"Come on Chae, jump. I'll catch you, it's not that high" a ten years old Jungkook encourage little Chaeyoung to come down from a tree.

"I'm scared" the little girl said, she's in the verge of crying.

"I told you to not following me, and yet you didn't listen"

"Because it looks so fun to plucked those mango straight from the tree, and it really was," she said innocently.

"Yes to that, but then you're too scared to come back down. See?"

"I'm sorry" her tiny brows furrowed.

Jungkook sighed "It's okay. I can't say no to you anyway. Now come on, jump. It's getting dark. You don't want forever on that tree, do you?"

"What if you didn't catch me? Even if you get me, I'm afraid you'll get hurt-"

"Chaeyoung" he cut her off, "Just jump"

"Okay.. I'll jump now" she move a little, make sure that she was aligned with him down there.

"In the count of three" his arms already opened for Chaeyoung, "One.. two.. three"

And she jump, closing her eyes in the process. When Jungkook catch her, he can't keep his balance and fell backwards. But Chaeyoung was safe at his arms.

"Oof!" Jungkook grunted.

Chaeyoung open her eyes and lift her head, "You okay?"

"I'm okay. Are you hurt anywhere?" He asked back.

"No" she shook her head. Jungkook sat up with her still on top of him, then flick her forehead.

"Ouch! What was that for!" She placed her palm on her forehead.

"For not listening to me. What if you get hurt and break your legs, or arms? What I should tell your mom then?"

"I already said sorry" she pouted. He watch her rubbing her forehead.

"Does it hurt?" His face softened. "Let me see" Jungkook move her hand, examined her forehead for a few second and then kiss it. "There. You'll be fine" he smile.

Chaeyoung smile back.

"Come on, let's go home. It's getting dark" Chaeyoung nodded and stood up, Jungkook follow behind her.

---

August 2012

"Oow, oww, Chae, dab it gently"

"This is gently" Chaeyoung said calmly. She was treating his wound on the corner of his lips.

"You pressed too hard"

Chaeyoung tssk at him. "What are you? Five?" She glare at him, "Look who didn't listen now. I told you don't bother with that boy and you just punch him right away"

"He's deserve it. He talks bad about you"

"And I also told you that I don't really care about that. He just want an attention. Broken family did that to him. And he's possibly gets a failing grades," she said as she put the ointment to her first aid kit.

"Still. I don't like people bad mouthing you" he frowned.

She put the bag at it place, and turn to him "Well, thank you for caring and always being there for me. Even though I'm still not agreeing with what you did to him"