Chapter 19

Dropping to his knees in front of the toilet Jungkook began throwing up everything in his stomach until nothing but dry heaves wracked his body. He tried to vomit and nothing else would come up. His body trembled. Chaeyoung was standing over him flushing the toilet while rubbing his neck.

Morning sickness.

It began at one morning, his stomach was twisted after he woke up, and he'd been unable to eat breakfast without wanting to hurl. He assumed it was normal as he thought it's because of food he ate. But he soon realised this was no ordinary stomach bug, it was so much worse.

Couvade Syndrome, doctor calls it as he finally went to see a doctor with his wife. It's a condition in which men with pregnant partners or expectant dads begin to experience symptoms of pregnancy. The doctor said it may have to do with the man actually undergoing hormonal changes himself, as he responds to the chemical signals from his partner, or it has to do with the bond between the baby and the expectant father.

Chaeyoung's severe morning sickness and nausea lasted for almost ten weeks, up until the end of the first trimester. And her symptoms have mostly stopped, apart from headaches. He feel like they're taking turns. And it's already repeat for couple of days for him having this called morning sickness. Heck, he had just thrown up again right now.

Jungkook wash his mouth on the sink and he looked up at himself in the mirror then his eyes shift to his wife beside him. She was grinning at him through the mirror.

"Is this funny to you?" He frowned.

"No. But your hair is" she chuckled. His wild hair is perfectly disheveled, sticking out every which way. He groan and pulled her into a hug, placing his head on the crook of her neck, his hair brushing softly against her cheek. 

"I'm relieved that I don't have to feel those morning sickness anymore in this second trimester. It means my baby love me more" she teased, rubbing his back.

"Shut up" he mumbled against her neck. She chuckled.

"I'll make you a ginger tea" she kiss his neck and pulled away.

"That would be great," the hot ginger tea he'd been drinking had helped him ease his stomach this past few days.

Following his wife to the kitchen Jungkook sit on the stool of the bar table. "I cannot wait for the nausea and morning sickness to go away," he said. "I feel you now. I'm sorry you have to go through something like this, wake up then wanting to hurl every morning," he added.

Chaeyoung chuckled "Don't worry, actually I enjoy it, I mean being pregnant with all those symptoms. Beside, for me, it have benefits for the fetus in the womb. Experts believe pregnancy nausea to be a protective mechanism, to protect the growing embryo from dangers such as toxins or bacteria."

"How did you know about that?" He smile, feeling proud of her.

"Internet of course" Chaeyoung grinned as she handed him a glass of ginger tea which he drank immediately. "Better?"

"Mmm" he nodded.

She then walked around the table and approach him while his eyes following her. She leaning her body on his side and kiss him. He grinned against her lips. He like it when she randomly steals a kiss every once in a while.

Jungkook wrapped a protective arm around her waist. The baby bumps already visible and it's make her more cute, and sexy at the same time maybe because she was wearing his shirt without pants, just underwear and his shirt. Despite him already bought a lot of maternity clothes for her, she recently love to wear his clothes instead.