Chapter 6

Jungkook walked out into the early morning light. He set off in a light jog to ease his mind. He couldn't sleep well in this past few days. Various thoughts started entering his mind. And all of them are about Chaeyoung.

Seeing her with that Junhoe guy.. also looking at them together with that little girl the days before, playing a happy family.. really hit him. And it was all his fault. He should be honest with her from the start.

His light jog now become running, and he ran faster.

She even hadn't reply any of his text. But the Chaeyoung who had stared at him that last day? It was Chaeyoung who had been so done with him. She's mad.

Jungkook swore as he nearly tripped on a root. His breath coming in sharp gasps. He slowed his pace back to a jog then slowed it to a walk. He put his hands into his hips as he gasped at the muggy summer air. He walked until his breathing returned to normal, but the anguished feeling didn't leave.

Jungkook stopped as he found a bench and sit on it, propped his elbow on his knees and rub his face. He closed his eyes as if he was in a pain.

He really can't see her with someone else.

***

"You two fought?" Taehyung asked simply. The two male are in the coffee shop. Jungkook asked him to meet up after work.

"I went to her apartment few days ago, and saw that guy, there, with her.. he was making dinner in her kitchen"

"So?" Taehyung looked at him dryly.

"Seeing him there, I don't like it.. I don't like him around her," Jungkook told him.

Taehyung rolled his eyes. "You're being riddiculous, you know that" he stated, shaking his head in disbelief. "You can't have everything Jungkook. Have you forgot that you already have a girlfriend?" He reminds him. "Take time to realize, Heejin.. is she really the one for you? Or you just use her to cover your true feeling for your best friend?"

The question felt like a slap to him, he didn't answer.

"I'll take that as a yes" Taehyung stated as he watched him didn't say anything.

Jungkook brush his hair with his fingers, "You're right. Maybe I do like her"

"Her? who? Heejin or Chaeyoung? Speak clearly."

"Chaeyoung... I like Chaeyoung hyung. No, I'm in love with her, I always have..." he said solemnly.

It always been her.. since the beginning. He's not denying his feeling for her. He just trying to avoid and restrain his feeling, in fear of losing her entirely, because she might not be into it. He would rather be in an unrequitted love-friendship situation with her than not associate with her at all. But apparently, he made a wrong decision.

"Then why are you doing here with me right now. Go tell her and before that, fix your things first with your girlfriend." Taehyung sighed and shook his head, "If only.. you were honest to yourself from the start and have a courage to tell her, maybe you and Chaeyoung already together right now"

Jungkook halted and looked up at him. "What do you mean?" His brow furrowed. Then as realisation hit him, his eyes widen, "No way... does she-"

"It's your place to find out yourself" he cut Jungkook off.

Jungkook has no idea. 'When did she start to see him differently?' He wondered. She's really good at hiding her feelings. He didn't know if all of this time, she has feeling for him too.