Chapter 17

Jungkook was sitting beside Chaeyoung as they sat on the doctor's table waiting. His hand reached over and squeezed hers. He decide to see the doctor after he noticed the changes in his wife. The mood swing, the tiredness, the nausea. And today, when he woke up at four thirty in the morning, he didn't find her beside him, instead he found her in the kitchen. Eating a boiled egg combine with mac and cheese. Weird? Yes.

His wife is pregnant, he's sure. And he need to confirm that by visiting the doctor.

The door opened and a nurse walked in. She was smiling as she glanced from Chaeyoung to Jungkook. Earlier, Chaeyoung had peed in a cup and now they waited to hear the official results. 

"Congratulations. It's positive. You're pregnant." The nurse said.

Jungkook squeezed her hand tighter as he turn to her, smiling and Chaeyoung gave him a nervous smile.

"The doctor will be in to check things out in a few minutes. We need to do blood work too. Have you been experiencing any cramping or bleeding?"

"No. Just feeling sick, but not too often" Chaeyoung explained. The nurse nodded and wrote that down on her clipboard.

"It may not feel like it but that's a good thing. Symptoms can vary among different women, either in quality or severity, and even the same woman may not experience the same symptoms in every pregnancy"

And so for the next hour Chaeyoung spent her prenatal visit with another test and check up for a complete workup with her husband tagging along.

"Are you happy with this pregnancy? Because I am." Jungkook asked her as they walk hand in hand to the parking lot of the hospital.

"I'm happy.. but also a little worried too" she said, unconsciously rubbing her still flat stomach.

"Worried?" Jungkook stopped his walk, it make her stop too.

"I mean, I don't know how to take care a baby, you know I'm an only child, I never knew.. how does it feel to babysit an infant." she whispered, and bit her lips.

Jungkook chuckled, "There always first of everything Chae.. Beside you're not alone in this matter. This baby, is mine too. We will take care the baby together, okay?"

Chaeyoung smile, "Okay" she nodded.

"Stop worrying over nothing," He cupped her face then peck her lips. "Now let's feed the baby and mommy some food. What do you want to eat?" He asked.

Chaeyoung blushed when he refering her as a mommy. She clear her throat, "Kimchi jigae?"

"Then Kimchi jigae it is" he nodded.

*

"Oh my god finally! Congratulation honey, this is a big news, we're happy for you!" Mrs. Park said in delight. As they're got home Jungkook has told Chaeyoung to call her mom, to tell her about her pregnancy.

She could see how happy her mom was after hearing about the news. Chaeyoung smile, "Thank you mom. I really wish you were here.. I miss you"

"Miss you too honey. Don't skip meal, you have a living human inside your body now. The baby need to eat to." Then she clicked her tongue, "If you could just tell me sooner, maybe I can make miyeok guk and send it to you for dinner. It's good to eat for pregnant woman"

"Well, Jungkook is making that soup right now, and he won't let me help him" she shook her head as she glance at Jungkook in the kitchen.