Chapter 2

Chaeyoung check her phone, looking at the time, it's already ten pass six. She lean her back on her chair and close her eyes. She's trying to keep herself busy, and immerse herself in pile of work. She don't want her mind thinking about what happen few days ago. It's been two days since she picked him up from the airport and she still hadn't quite move on from the fact that her best friend come back with a girlfriend. Suffice it to say she was not in a great mood after that. Absolutely NOT jealous. Well, at least that what she thought she was.

She just surprised, or maybe she was annoyed that she knew nothing about it, about him being in relationship since a month ago. 'That could be the only reason' she nodded at herself, because he really had a chance to let her as her bestie, and yet he didn't say a word about it, not even the slightest.

"What with the long face?" Jimin leaning at the front of her cubicle.

Chaeyoung blinked and looked up "Nothing. Ready for lunch?" She asked back.

"You're thinking about him" he stated.

"What are you talking about?" She frowned.

"Jungkook and her girlfriend"

"I'm not"

"You can fool everyone but me, cousin"

"Jimin, I don't want to talk about it"

"You can always talk about it with me," he look at her trouble face "Are you jealous, Chaeyoung?"

"Jealous? No! It just, I just.. surprised," she glance up at him. He raised an eyebrow at her, she sighed. "You know, as his best friend, I should be happy for him right?"

Jimin just keep silence and let her to continue.

"But instead of being happy for him, I kinda got a little bit sad knowing about the news, my heart feel uneasy.. I don't know. Am I being over protective of him?" She asked unsure.

"Maybe it's because you are emotionally attached to him. You feel your seemingly perfect relationship as his bestfriend that you so cherish is being threatened by this girlfriend of him. You fear being replaced, per se."

She stare at her cousin for a moment, then looking down at her bracelet Jungkook gave her long time ago. "Mmm, that could be the only reason," she nodded at herself.

Jimin shook his head. 'Silly Chaeyoung, you have feeling for him, but you're such in denial'

**

Chaeyoung wrapped herself in a robe before she stepped out of the shower. She heard her phone beeped, but she ignored it. She padded toward her walk in closet and pulled out her pajamas.

"You really have to learn how to pick up your phone." Chaeyoung gasp and swirled around, putting her hand over her heart.

"And you have to learn how to respect someone's privacy" she retord, glaring at him. Jungkook was leaning against the door frame, hands on his pockets. "What are you doing here? Didn't you have a date tonight?"

"A date? Who said I have a date?" His brows furrowed "It's Friday night, meaning our movie night. Did you forget?"

Chaeyoung stunned for a moment. 'Oh?'

"Uhm, well, I thought you're going out with your girlfriend for an early weekend date"

"Nope," he shook his head. "Now hurry up, get dress. I bring some foods for dinner" He winked, dimples appearing as he grinned at her.