Chapter 8

"Good afternoon Mrs. Jeon, Ms.Park," a member of friendly styling team welcome them as Jungkook's mom and Chaeyoung walk through the front door.

As per appointment of Mrs.Jeon with her acquintance, Irene Kim, they are now at her wedding dress boutique she owned. The three-storey terrace, nestled in a hub of culture and creativity. It's warm, friendly customer service and relaxed spaces. 'Looks like it'd be the perfect bridal fitting experience', Chaeyoung thought.

"Ms.Irene isn't here right now. She has an urgent meeting earlier. But everything already prepare for you Mrs.Jeon, and Ms. Park, we believe you'll find the dress to complement your style, body shape and wedding type, we'll help you to finding your perfect gown." the staff said after lead them into their own private styling suite.

"Great! I want the best wedding dress for my soon to be daughter in-law" Mrs.Jeon said cheekily as she gave Chaeyoung a side hug.

"You won't be disappointed ma'am" the staff nodded at them.

***

People said that choosing a wedding dress is an event to be treasured and so that's what Chaeyoung does right now. Evently, during the trying times, she kinda' love the transformative feeling of dressing up, in stunning silhouettes that are carefully engineered to move with her body. With a focus on unique fabrics and luxurious comfort. And she really love all the dresses.

To be honest, she doesn't know which one to choose. They're all beautiful. From chic alternative to traditional bridal style. For example a toppers like jackets and capes to smart bridal suiting, or a regency - inspired corsets with exposed boning. And there is also a gowns floated down the runway bedecked in bows which she suggest could be perfect for a walk down the aisle.

But, as much as she love all the gown in the boutique, Chaeyoung prefer to choose a simple one for her to wear. Sometimes a simple wedding dress that highlights extraordinary craftmanship can have more impact than one that is bedecked in rhinestones. Thats why she choose off-shoulder dress with ballgown shape, a voluminous style.

"Oh my, Chaeyoung sweety... you're so beautiful. I believe my son would go crazy when he see you in this one" Mrs.Jeon said, make Chaeyoung's cheeks flushed.

"Because the dress itself already beautiful Aunty" she smiles shyly.

"And so are you" she said, tap Chaeyoung's cheek, still amaze with the come out. "Ah, I really can't wait to see you guys get married and give me grandchildren as soon as possible," she added.

'Grandchildren?' Chaeyoung blinked.

***

Heejin look around the cafe. It's deserted. Maybe just two or three table occupied inside. She sat there, at the one of the table, waiting for Jungkook to come. Her ex boyfriend. She still remember clearly the night where he asked for break up.

"What happen? Is everything okay?" She asked as he stepped into her apartment and lead him into her living room. He texted her earlier that he really want to meet.

"Heejin there's something... I want to tell you.." he said after he sat down on the couch.

Her brows furrowed. She's not feeling good about this.

"What is it?"

Jungkook bit his lip and faced her, "I don't think things will work between us." He said carefully "I can't do this" he said honestly.