Chapter 7: Escaping

I finally have it up! Just finished this chapter, I hope it came out well.  Thank you so much AndaPanda123!

I do not own the Vampire Diaries, I just own this plot.

xxx

Chapter 7: Escaping

I'm stuck back in time, and there is no way to get back home until the time runs out. I'm supposed to kill this man, who I loathe, but I've come to care about most of his family. And now I'm not even a vampire anymore. Could things get any worse? Well, of course they could, this is me, we're talking about.

As I woke, I heard voices from downstairs. I got up, and got dressed, then headed down to see almost everyone at table, eating breakfast. I sat down in the empty seat next to Henrik when he motioned for me to join him. Everyone smiled when I sat down, but I noticed one person was absent, Klaus. There were voices from outside, and they were very audible.

"Why have you been ignoring me? You haven't come to see me, even once, ever since she showed up." I could hear Tatia, her voice echoing through the house. It was obvious she was angry, and jealous.

"I haven't been ignoring you," Klaus sighed, "I've had other things happening. Haven't you noticed, that one of my brothers almost died?" he responded.

"And she saved him, which just makes you like her more." She demanded. "Hasn't it?"

"I need to go check on my brother." He answered, ducking her question, and came back inside to eat. Everyone pretended not to have heard his conversation, but it was obvious by the looks that past between Elijah and Henrik that the situation would not get better any time soon. Klaus sat down and started to eat and after a few minutes, Finn and Elijah started a conversation about their hunting plans. And Rebekah, Henrik and Ester started to talk about the plans to help repair the town. I continued to eat in silence though, the conversation between Klaus and Tatia confused me.

As I ate I could feel someone's gaze land on me. It was Klaus, and the look in his eyes was clear. He was trying to figure me out. I had no memory of who or where I was from.  I didn't know anything of their life style, and I saved his brother's life with unknown medicine. I was the last puzzle piece, but I didn't belong in the puzzle. He could tell there was something different about me, and it was obvious, he was set on figuring out what it was. Like a hunter chasing its prey.

When I was finished eating, I grabbed the tray of food that was made by Ester, and I took it up to Kol. When I came to the door, I knocked quietly.

"Come in." He voice came from inside, and he sounded much better than he did yesterday. I opened the door, and when Kol saw me he grinned. He was sitting up in his bed, and there was no sign that he had ever been near a fire. My blood must have worked, I smiled.

"You look a lot better." I said as I handed him the tray of food.

"I feel a lot better." He chuckled as he took the tray.

"If you feel so much better, why didn't you come down to eat?" I asked him curiously, maybe he's not feeling as good as he's letting on.

"You think I wanted to go down there so everyone could worry over me, ya right." He told me with a shrug, and I just laughed.

"Well, they've all went out, off to work. Do you want to take a walk?" I asked.

"Why?" he asked suspiciously.     

"Because, you need to stretch, to make sure it didn't heal too tightly." I answered plainly, he nodded and stood up, then we left the house, and again I headed for the woods.

Soon we were walking along the creek, and Kol walked like he had no injury at all.

"So, what did you do?" He asked as he stopped to look at me.