Chapter 19: Quite a Party

The next chapter has finally arrived.  I hope you guys like it.  Don't forget to tell me what you think!

    This chapter is dedicated to heytreadmystory99.  Thank you for sharing your view of Klaus.  =D

I do not own the Vampire Diaries, but I do own the plot of this story, Benjamin and Peter.

               Chapter 19:  Quite a Party

    The past few days we spent party planning, but even though we were cooking, decorating and all that work, it was still completely perfect.

    I have learned that if you can heal people or know anything about herbs you will soon be praised by your entire community.  Even though Ester could be a bit harsh and cold from time to time, everyone in town adored her.  The party was going to start in about an hour, which meant Rebekah and I needed to go get ready.  Bekah planned ahead, as a treat she had new clothes made for everyone, including two special dresses made for us by the tailor in town.

    "Rebekah, I can't accept this, it's too much.  I will never be able to pay you back."  I told her as I marveled at the dress in my hands.  I knew even in my time, having a dress specifically hand made was expensive.  I couldn't imagine how much it cost in this time.

    "Don't worry, Caroline."  She tried to reassure me.

    "No, this money should be used to buy something your family needs."  I said trying to give the dress back to the tailor.

    "Well, we decided that everyone in the family needed new clothes for the party."  She replied, picking up the dress and putting it back in my hands.

    "But I'm not really family, am I?  You all are just kind enough to let me stay in your house."  I answered, again putting the dress down.

    "Well, you're an honorary family member, and when you marry my brother then you will be.  Plus, what's his is yours, right?"  She asked teasingly.  I blushed furiously and then took the dress, there was nothing else I could say after that.

    "Marry?"  I asked her sheepishly as we exited the shop.

    "Sure, it's possible, right?  I've never seen Nik smile at a girl the was he smiles at you before.  And usually he's an arrogant jerk, but when you're around he's always sweet and courteous."  She said with a kind smile on her face. 

    "Really?"

    "Hmm-mm"  She nodded as we walked back to the house with everyone's new clothes.  "Speaking of my brother, how are you two doing?"  She asked, glancing over at me.

    "Good, I suppose.  He's been very sweet and endearing."  I couldn't help as a grin crossed my face.  We had only been together about three days, but it almost felt like a lifetime.

    "Good, he'd better be a gentleman, or else I'd have to kill him for hurting my best friend."  We both laughed.

    "No, he's been very polite."  Except for the suddenly pulling me into an empty room just to kiss for twenty minutes at a time, when no one is looking.  I chuckled to myself as Rebekah and I headed into the house and upstairs to get dressed.

    I closed the door behind me and held the dress up to the sun.  It was a light yellow gold color with long elegant sleeves and a fitted torso.  The skirt flowed around, it was simple yet elegant and tasteful and I loved it.  I quickly put it on and then slipped on my sandals.  It fit perfectly, of course Rebekah made sure that it would.  The neckline was rather low, compared with all of the other dresses I had.  So I walked over to my dresser and opened the top drawer.  I pulled out the necklace by the chain and then tried to clasp it around my neck, but somehow I just couldn't get it.  Then I heard someone chuckle from the doorway behind me.