Chapter 16: Two and Two is Four

Finished and edited!  So glad that school is over for the year, because everyone knows what that means.   More time to write!  Summer time, and the livin is easy, well to some degree.  Anyway, time for my super extra, major awesome surprise.  A new Point of View!  This is my very first chapter from a guys point of view, so I hope I didn't do too bad.  I didn't want him to be surpy but still express his feelings and thoughts.  Please tell me how I did. =)  Anyway, on to the story.  I hope you like it. =D

I do not own The Vampire Diaries, though I do own the plot and Sarah.

                                         Chapter 16: Two and Two Make Four

                                                *Klaus's Point of View*

    "Goodbye."  She said as she exited the house and closed the door behind her.  The room was dead silent.  I don't think I could ever remember a  silence this akward in our house, ever.  Rebekah still had quiet tears streaming down her face and Henrik was there looking depressed.  Everone seemed to be waiting, but I didn't know for what.  I opened the door and stepped outside only to see her blonde hair leave my sight through the woods.  I sighed as I started to walk.

    I was confused,  Why would she go with her?  Everyone knew, even she did, that Prudence wasn't her mother.  They didn't even look alike and yet, she went anyway.  And Prudence's arrival baffled me as well.  Very few outsiders knew of this town.  So how did she?  I continued walking and soon found myself at the waterfall, with her still in my head

.

    I didn't know what was so facinating about Caroline.  What about her intrigued me so, but whatever it was I just couldn't let it go.  I had never met someone so mysterious before.  No one who ever made me question my thoughts like she does.  I sat down on the sand an put my feet in the water.  I sighed as I tried to rationalize everything in my head.

    "I thought you might be here."  A voice I knew all too well said, nearing the pond.

    "Tatia.  What do you want?"  I said with my back still to her and a  sour tone in my voice.  I wasn't sure what really happened over the past two months, but Tatia had changed.  Sure she was always self centered and demanding, but she used to care about what I wanted or what I thought.  Not anymore though, she was solely focused on herself and her own desires.

    "Aww, don't be like that Niklaus.  Where is then fun Nik I used to know?"  She asked with her usual flirtatious tone of voice.

    "I'm not in the mood, Tatia."  I answered, still plainly uninterested.

    "In the mood for what?"  She taunted playfully.  "We haven't spent any time together lately.  I miss you.  I miss us."  She said sadly while still slightly whining.

    "Ever since that girl appeared, you've been distracted.  We don't talk.  You don't come and see me.  I've been lonely without you."

    "No you haven't.  Who are you kidding?  Without me you merely find another toy to play around with."  At my response, she giggled and then raised her index finger to her mouth, making a shushing guesture.

    "But you have always been my favorite."  She giggled again.

    "Just give me some space, Tatia.  If I want to talk to you, I will come and find you."  I finished as I grabbed my shoes and headed back to town.  No matter what I did, who I talked to, even Tatia.  My mind wouldn't stray from Caroline.

    I could never figure out what about her attracted me so.  Of course, I was never one to turn down a challenge.  But Caroline was more than just a challenge.  The best way to describe her, was the perfect riddle.  She was soft and sweet, and easy on the eyes.  Yet ever changing, becoming more and more complex.  The answer to her was simple, but only in hind sight.  She was curious, kind hearted and ambitious.  And the only thing that I wanted, was to figure her out.  But without her here, I was at a loss.