Chapter 23: Cluttered Minds

Last Time on ‘A Forgotten Time’ people died, other people argued, and another person’s deep dark secret was revealed.  Who knows what will happen in this chapter?  I sure don't!  XD

I do not own ‘The Vampire Diaries’ though I do own this plot and any original characters.

I did include one scene from TVD that does not belong to me.  Everyone should recognize it, and I do not claim it as my own.  Ok, now that that is out of the way.

Please enjoy the new chapter.  =)

Chapter 23: Cluttered Minds

        The past few days had passed quite awkwardly, especially since Mikael’s return.  I tried to avoid him as much as I could, most likely because of the hostile air that always surrounded him.  The most mellow I ever saw him was when he was talking with either Rebekah or Ester, never with anyone else.  He was also calm when he was working, forming metal into blades and other pieces. 

        The drama that had occurred in the town square still left an echo of whispers and gossiping amongst the villagers.  Tatia walked through town with her chin and nose high since, trying to show that she wasn’t affected.  Benjamin though, showed quite the opposite.  He was depressed, his head down with everything weighing on his mind.  As I walked down the street, I passed him.  He suddenly looked up at me, and I saw something I could only describe as the ‘Lost Puppy Look’.  He looked guilty and sad.  He seemed to be waiting for me to say something or maybe smile, but I just kept walking.  I didn’t know how to treat him anymore. And the fact that he was one of Elena’s ancestors creeped me out a little bit.

        I continued walking down the street, contemplating the plight before me.  As I walked, I came upon Rebekah, she smiled at me and motioned for me to follow.

        “Come on, Henrik.  Our brothers are fighting again.”  She said as Henrik and I followed to see the scene ourselves.  Klaus and Elijah stood in front of us, both armed with sharpened swords.  They both chuckled at their audience’s arrival.

“Oh, look.  Sister’s arrived, to watch my fast approaching victory.”  Elijah said, messing with Klaus.

        “On the contrary, Elijah.” Klaus countered, as he struck at his brother.  “She’s come to laugh at you.”  He finished as he knocked down Elijah’s belt.  Everyone laughed, including myself.  Quickly though, the laughter ended as Ester and Mikael approached.

        “Relax, Mikael.”  Ester said trying to soothe her husband’s temper.  “Niklaus means well.”

        “That is precisely my problem.” Mikael replied.  He stepped forward towards the two boys and took the blade Elijah had and then faced Klaus.  “So . . . why don’t you teach me that trick, young warrior?”  Then he quickly throws a blow at his son.  Klaus parried as best he could and then tried to talk to his father.

        “Father, we were just having fun.”  Klaus almost stuttered, trying to explain.

        “We fight for our survival, and you find time for fun?!  I want to have fun!  Teach me.  Come on!  He yells, a blow with almost every word.

        “Father, it was nothing.”  Klaus said back gasping for air as he tried to dodge and block his father’s attacks.

        Mikael growled and kept swinging his sword and dealing another blow.  He kept throwing strategic swings until Klaus’s sword was knocked out of his hands.  Mikael then tripped him and he fell to the ground.  He then held the point of his blade mere inches from Klaus’s throat.  All the bystanders tried to hide their gasps, some were not so successful.