Chapter 12: Running

Took a while to finish this one, it might be a little rough, so I apologize in advance.  There is a more mature section a little while in, just a forewarning.  I do not own Vampire Diaries, I only own the plot of this story.  Hope you enjoy.

Chapter 12: Running

Klaus leapt, up to his feet, pulling me with him as we ran, leaving our shoes and everything behind us. Together, we barreled right towards the waterfall. I looked back to the pond, right in time to see a hulking shadow emerge from the trees. It snarled and then it seemed to sniff around, trying to track its prey.

I was too distracted by the creature behind us to have noticed that we were running straight through the waterfall. When the cold water hit my skin, I almost screamed in surprise. Once he was sure we were hidden, Klaus stopped running. He turned to look at me, but I didn't noticed because I was busy marveling at the cave that we had entered. It was like a secret room, or a hidden cellar, it was the perfect hiding spot.

"Are you ok?" He asked me.

"Yes, I'm fine." I answered like I wasn't even fazed by the fact that the woods was crawling in werewolves. Which, to be honest, I wasn't. He kept staring at me in some variation of awe, like he expected more of a startled response, but I just shook it off.

I glanced around my new surroundings, it was a hollowed out cave behind the waterfall, and it was enormous. I didn't expect it to be as cavernous as it was, I bet anything I said would have echoed for miles on end.

"Wow, do you come here often?" I asked as I spun around to see everything there.

"When I want to get away, where no one can find me, yes." He answered. "Especially on the full moon." Then I suddenly gasped in horror.

"What about your family?! Where are they?" I demanded.

"They have another hiding spot they use, well it's another entrance to these caves actually. I'm sure they're safe." He tried to reassure me, as he came closer and started to rub my shoulder.

"Ok." I sighed, then started walking towards what looked like a furnished room. When I entered I saw a round table with a chair, some bread and a jug of water, and a lamp. Klaus who was right behind me stepped forward to light the lamp. So I headed to the last thing that occupied the room, a bed.

As I sat down I looked up at him. "Do they know about this place?"

"No, no one but me. They don't worry though, they know that I have a another safe place other than theirs." He answered as he moved the chair so it was directly across from me, then sat down.

He seemed so mellow, he wasn't picking on anyone or being ornery, just calm, and concerned. The look that shined in his eyes was so sincere, and the feeling was echoed in his facial expression.

I started to study his face, as he did mine. He wore a small smile, that was unfamiliar to me, it was a new sight, a new side of him that was gentle and kind. And his eyes sparkled in a way that showed how human he was, no signs of the vampire traits that I had seen before. No hatred, no thirst, no longing for the kill, just human emotions, and human warmth.

I then felt his hand on my knee, a kind of energy flew through my body from his touch, but I couldn't drag my eyes away from his. I placed my hand on top of his, and I could tell that he felt the same way I did. The same energy went through him that went through me. His eyes released me, and the next thing that caught my attention was his lips. They were full, and now parted, and the desire kept pushing me closer and closer, wanting to kiss him, imagining how it would feel, to have his lips on mine.

My conscience tried to break through, telling me that this was wrong, this wasn't why I was here. But the lust that was seeping in was more powerful, and the desire kept attempting to push everything else from my mind. I was at my limit, I couldn't hold back any longer. The want was stronger than I had ever felt before. The longing to be held, after what happened today added to everything else, it overrode everything that was holding me back.

The pressure against my lips was sweet and utter relief, the feeling my whole body had been waiting for what seemed like eons. But it wasn't enough, I wanted more than that, I needed more than that. The kiss deepened in a second, and the energy that was conjured through our hands touching was strong, this was so much more powerful, I could feel everything. The passion that engulfed him burned straight through me. The next minute we were standing, his arms entirely encasing me, running down to my waist, as mine raced up his arms, and I thoroughly tangling my fingers into his dark, wet hair.

He pushed me roughly into the cavern wall, as we both fought for dominance. To be honest, I didn't really care who was leading, I was enjoying every second of his kisses. I eventually gave it to him and he took on a new kind of excitement. As his tongue enthusiastically explored my mouth. His hands soon slid up to the front of my dress and began to unlace it, untying every knot, and he placed his lips to my neck, searching for my sweet spot. He hit it on the first try and I couldn't suppress a moan. He chuckled as he finished untying me, and pulled the top layer of my dress off my shoulders.

I was dying for more, I wanted him, to feel his skin on mine. I placed my hands on his chest, moving down slowly, 'til I was at the hem of his shirt then I slid my hands underneath, to feel his abs, even now he was well toned, I could tell as I traced them with my fingers. When he stepped back I was startled, but sighed in relief when he removed his shirt, then went right back to kissing me. I quickly discarded the rest of my dress, and he placed his warm hands on my waist again, running up and down my torso.

"Caroline?! Niklaus?!" A voice echoed through the water and directly into our room. Klaus pulled away and looked in the direction of the water fall.

"That's Henrik." He said as he grabbed his shirt from the ground and bolted for his brother. I was confused, but I grabbed my dress and slipped it back on, then followed after Klaus. When we emerged from the waterfall we saw Henrik, standing near the pond with both of our sandals in his hands.

"Henrik!" I shouted, and when he saw us he came running towards us. Then a shrieking howl pierced the air, and a hulking figure jumped out of the woods and landed in between us and Henrik. I could see the fear in Henrik's eyes. I could tell that Klaus was trying to plan something, but he didn't have time. I ran right past him, up to the wolf and did something really really stupid.

"Hey! You wanna eat someone, then come get me!" I shouted at it, and then ran. I ran as fast as I could, which wasn't as fast as I was a custom to with being a vampire and all. "Ok, no super speed, great." I wasn't paying any attention to where I was going, and tripped over a giant branch, and landed head first, and with my fantastic luck, the werewolf was right behind me.

I pushed myself up to my feet and ran, though now I was even slower. My ankle was throbbing, and I could hear the werewolf behind me, about to catch me.

"Over here!" Henrik yelled from the trees behind me. I didn't expect the wolf to actually stop chasing me for Henrik, so I was startled when it did.

"NO!" I screamed, as the creature got the best of Henrik and was standing over him, growling. Of all the Mikealsons I thought he would have made a decent person as a vampire. If he had made it to my time, I'm sure we would have gotten along.

That moment, Klaus came out of nowhere and tackled the wolf, away from his baby brother. I grabbed Henrik's wrist and once again started to run. The second I turned to look back at Klaus, the wolf broke free, and started after us again.

I pushed Henrik into the trees, "Run." I said and again started running on my own. My head and foot were throbbing with pain, and the wolf was catching up to me fast. Soon he was looming over me and I ran into a cliff I couldn't avoid. I tripped, and couldn't escape from the hulking menace. I shut my eyes, if this was how it was going to end, I didn't want to see the werewolf eating me.

Thwack!

Something kept nagging me, convincing me to open my eyes, and when I did there was Klaus, standing with a giant tree branch, looking like he just hit a homerun. He put down the stick and offered me a hand, I took it, but collapsed, something was wrong with my ankle. Klaus looked down at me and smiled, then he reached down and picked me up. I rested my head on his shoulder and only one thing escaped my lips before the pain dragged me into unconsciousness.

"My hero."

xxx

a/n: Well, I hope you liked it, if you have any question, suggestions, or ideas please send them to me.

I will update again when I have 3 comments and 5 votes.  So the sooner I get them the sooner I will update.  =)

DramaticInvisibleGirl