Chapter 13: Leaving

Well, you guys met the quota, so here is your new chapter.  I just saw this and had to thank you all.  This story is now #990 in the Fanfiction Category!!!  So thank you all so much.  =)  But I know you don’t want to listen to me going on and on about numbers, you wanna read this brand new, amazing chapter.  So I will leave you to it, hope you like it.

I do not own the Vampire Diaries, just the plot of this story.

Chapter 13: Leaving

I rested my head on his shoulder and only one thing escaped my lips before the pain dragged me into unconsciousness.

"My hero."

The pain from my fall still plagued me. And my headache was practically unbearable. The voices that surrounded me didn't help either.

"You have to let me see her! I have the right to see her! You can't keep her from me!" A female voice was echoing through the room, as I stirred.

"She has been through quite a bit recently. You will have to wait until she wakes up and then we'll see if she wants to see you. Right now you need to give her a little space." Ester's voice said, slow and calm. After a few minutes Ester had finally shooed the woman out of the house. I was uncomfortable, so I tried to reposition myself, but gasped when I put pressure on my ankle.

Next thing I knew, Klaus was there. He was sitting right beside me, as Ester put a pillow under my foot. I wasn't feeling good at all, and that other voice I heard was not comforting. Ester removed the damp cloth that was on my head. Then I felt Klaus take my hand in his, and my skin began tingling. Like an electric shock went through my hand, and suddenly I felt the fluttering in my stomach.

"Are you feeling ok?" Klaus's voice echoed with concern. I slowly opened my eyes and looked at him. He smiled a genuine smile, but the worry did not leave his eyes. "You have been asleep for three days."

"What!" I startled at that new information, and tried to sit up, but I knew instantly that that was a mistake. Klaus reached out and placed his hand under my neck, pulling me back into a horizontal position on the sofa, and I sighed. "How could I have been asleep for three days?"

"You hit your head pretty hard in the woods. You need to rest, don't push yourself." Ester told me patiently. I pushed myself up on my arms, so my head was up even though I was stuck on the sofa.

"Who was that woman I heard earlier?" I asked. As I did, I saw a look pass between Klaus and Ester.

"I'll tell you later, dear." Ester said, and then she stood and headed for the exit. "I’ll let Rebekah know that you are awake." And then she left.

Klaus reached up and began petting my forehead, I almost sighed. It was very endearing and I couldn't help but smile at him. "Three days, huh? What did I miss while I was out?" I asked and he grinned at how nonchalant I was about it now.

"Well, Elijah is looking better now. Henrik has been pretty worried about you, and mother had to practically pry Rebekah away from your bedside." I sighed, and then started laughing to myself.

"Well, I guess none of that is a surprise." I said.

Next thing I knew, Rebekah had burst through the door, pushed past Klaus and promptly took his place beside me. "YOU'RE AWAKE!"

"Hi Bekah, yes I'm awake. Could you just not shout? My head really hurts." I said slowly as she gave me a quick hug.

"Oh, right, sorry." She said as she sat down on the floor. "How are you feeling?" she asked me.

"Oh, I've been better." Rebekah gave me a sad smile.

"Well at least you don't have more memory problems, or do you?" Kol asked as he slipped through the door with Henrik behind him.