Chapter 18: Sweet as Sugar

After everything that happened with Prudence, Caroline is back 'home'.  I hope you all like it.  =D

    This chapter is dedicated to Cindylove21, she had the most accurate comment for future events.  Thanks for reading and commenting Cindylove21.  =D

    I do not own The Vampire Diaries, though I do own the plot and all original characters.

                     Chapter 18:  Sweet as Sugar

    I woke in what I was now fondly calling my bedroom.  I pulled back the covers and stood.  The room looked exactly the same, I guess I couldn't be surprised.  I unpacked my pags that were at the foot of the bed, and then got dressed.  Then quickly heading down the stairs for food.

    No matter how much I tried to focus on being back at the Mikaelson's, my mind was still plauged with thoughts of Prudence and her death.  I sighed deeply as I sat at the table and grabbed a plate of food.   Finn and Kol laughed quietly as I stuffed my face.

    "She's actually awake before everyone has left, it's a miracle."  Kol said teasingly and I threw a piece of bread at him.  Henrik was grinning at me from across the table and Ester reached over to squeeze my hand.  I took a quick glance over at Klaus and I was surprised to see a somewhat sappy smile on his face.  I would never understand him, I said to myself.  Then I heard a sudden thumping on the stairs, and then a very loud squeal.

    "You're awake!"  Rebekah yelled as she rushed to my chair and gave me a huge hug.

    "Hi, Bekah.  I was only gone for what, two days?"  I laughed, hugging her back.

    "It seemed live forever."  I chuckled under my breath at her comment.  Breakfast went by quickly.  I was soon sitting on the sofa, reading.

    "Good to be back, huh?"  Klaus asked and I nodded, not looking away from my book.  Even with the time I had away I still hadn't figured out waht I was going to do about him.  I was torn.  I realized that I liked him, the human him at least.  I liked him enough to make out with hiim in a cave.  Ok, stop thinking about that, Caroline.  But I couldn't get passed the whole, killer of thousands Original Hybrid thing.  How could anyone get passed that?

    He sat next to me and I couldn't help but look into his eyes.  There was a look on his face that I just couldn't seem to read.  Though it seemed to a common expression lately.  Something about him, I don't know what, just makes me want to forget everything.  Makes me see his like a regular person.

    "See something you like?"  He asked me teasingly.  I shurgged back at me.

    "Possibly."  I blushed slightly and then burried my nose back in my book.  His face practically lit up.

    "Come on."  He suddenly said, jumping to his feet and holding a hand out for me.

    "But, I want to read my book."  I said kind of whiney, but still jokingly.

    "Nope.  You don't get to read."  He said as he tore the book from my hands and took off.  A grin spread across my face and I chased after him, out the door and into town.

    "Niklaus!"  I yelled after him.  He was way ahead of me, and ther was no way I'd catch up with him.  He glanced back at me with his casual smirk on his face, and then dove into the woods.  At this point, I was jogging, knowing I couldn't run much farther.  Finally he began to slow and I was coming closer.  I just had to laugh to myself.  I should have figured.

    "Your favorite place."  I said when we both stood still neat the pond of the waterfall.

    "Only with you."  He let slip, which I was pretty sure he was joking.  I walked up so I was standing right next to him.