Chapter 21: A Future Problem

Welcome back, as we continue towards the climax of our story.  This chapter is, well I'll let you find out for yourself.  XP  Hope you like it.

I do not own The Vampire Diaries, though I do own this plot and all original characters.

                                          Chapter 21:  A Future Problem

    Why are things never what they seem?  Why do the people who you trust the most, let you down, betray you?  Why does everything you hope for go in the complete opposite direction?  Why can't we leave it all behind us and move on with our lives?  Why can't we just forgive and forget, instead of holding a grudge and not letting go?  Will things ever work out for me?

    These were all questions that were on endless repeat in my head.  They wouldn't go away,  no matter what I did or said, or thought.  There they were, just making everything else that much harder.  I didn't want to admit it to myself, let alone anyone else how much Klaus hurt me.  I didn't want anyone to know how I felt.  And the only thing I knew want from him now, is for him to suffer.  To make him feel how I did, how . . . broken.

    Ever since that night I had done everything I could to avoid him.  Never allowing us to be alone in a room together.  No more chances for him to apologize, or anything else for that matter.  And whenever I had the time, I studied the book.  The old grimore, looking, searching for the spell and a way to prevent it from being cast.  Ester told me that this was the most important grimore she had, she even learned how to be a witch from this book.  In the beginning was all the beginner spells.  Levatation, moving items, changing the color of things, turning water to fire, and tracking spells.  Then the farther back you went, the more complex and difficult the spells became.  Glamors, binding spells, transfiguration, every one even more stronger than the last, and becoming more and more impossible to preform.

    The farther I went into the book, the more I began to lose hope of finding the spell.  Until there it was, right at my finger tips, the second to last spell in the book.  Every single detail of the spell was written right before my very eyes.  The words, the potion, everything.  I read the words over and over again, until I was sure I had it all memorized.  As I stood on my way to put the book away, I accidently dropped it.  The grimore landed with a loud thud on the floor, and as I looked at it, it was as if the pages were turning by themselves.  Though it ended so quickly, I wasn't sure if it was real or just my imagination.  I knelt down to pick it up and look over the page.

    "A 'Moving On' spell."  I said as I read the page over.  It seemed the spell would allow those to move on from painful thoughts or memories, such as loss, guilt and so on.  It didn't seem all that hard.  I found it interesting though, that it was about half way through the grimore.

  Surge, et de populo, et memoriam eius.  Et de cogitationibus dolore et reus, affectus fuerim.  Cor absque cura vivere aur dolorem.  Moving on from people and memories past.  Of painful thoughts and guilty feelings.  To live without worry or a hurting heart. 

  I said the words over and over in my head until I was sure I had it down.  Something told me this spell would be useful sometime soon.  I then closed the book and placed it in its protected spot.  I wanted to make sure the book was safe, until the time came.  The time to steal the book.  A spell like that you can't do without a guidebook.  That would be my insurance if I fail.  Steal the book and Ester will never be able to cast the spell, I was sure of that.  Though no matter what, I still had to bide my time.  All of this was a waiting game.  Waiting for my chance to return to my time, and leave everything here behind.  Almost forget any of it happened.

  I took a deep breath and went out the door, I needed some fresh air.  And a way to clear my head.  I headed to the center of town, I thought I would visit some of the shops.  It would distract me rather well, I assumed.  I was browsing the shops for atleast an hour before the ruckus came, drawing the attenion of the entire area.

  "Don't you walk away from me!"  A girls voice rang, shrill.

  "Don't you tell me what to do!  It's over, back off."  A boy about 15-16 shouted back at her and then continued walking away.

  "What are you talking about?  Get back here and talk to me!!"  The girl responded, grabbing his arm and making him face her.  I could see them both clearly now.  The girl with her white blonde hair and her emerald eyes glowing with anger.  While as the boy, with sandy hair, light brown eyes and a grimace on his face.

  "What? What do you want, Clarissa?!"  He asked finally looking at her, exhasperated.

  "I want you to explain why you are breaking up with me!"  She said simply though you could still hear the pain and anger in her voice.  Suddenly an idea came to my mind, I could test the 'moving on' spell.  The girl was clearly the one more upset, so I focused on her. 

  "You were supposed to be my future!!"  She said as I muttered the spell under my breath.

     Surge, et de vivere, et dolore eis.  Et de cogitonibus  et reus, afectu absque fuerim.  Cor cur populo aur dolem.  I tried to remember the words as I cast the spell.   Once I finished everything and everyone around me seemed to slow, like something was affecting the reality around us.  I could feel everything as power was drawn out of me.  Suddenly, time continued, everyone in the street was watching the scene infront of us. 

    The girl, Clarissa seemed to stutter her words, like she had forgotten what she was saying.  And then her face became red again, as the anger reappeared in her eyes.

    "So what? You're just going to walk away and act like nothing ever happened?!"  She demanded, and I sighed.  Then I began trudging away.

    "Quite a witch I am.  Can't even cast a simple spell."  I sighed again as I walked back to the Mikaelson's house.  I figured I'd take a nap or something, I was suddenly feeling extremely tired.  As I went inside I saw Rebekah on the sofa.

    "Hey, Care."  She said, looking up at me and patting to seat next to her for me to sit next to her.  When I sat down, she turned to look at me.

    "We haven't really had a chance to talk since. . . "  She didn't really finish that sentence, I knew what she meant.  "Are you ok, do you wanna talk about it?"  She asked, concerned.

    "I don't really know what to say.  Niklaus, he is him.  And I shouldn't have expected him to be someone he's not.  There's nothing else to say."  I said slowly to her.

    "But Caroline."  She said sadly.  "He's really sorry, he didn't mean to.  I've never seen him care about anyone as much as he cares about you, not even Tatia."  She tried to explain to me, though I didn't really want to listen.  "I'm sure everything will be better soon."  She promised me, grabbing my hand and squeezing it gently.

    "What will be better soon?"  A male voice asked from the doorframe.  I knew it sounded familiar.  When I turned to look, my jaw dropped.  And then I heard Rebekah's voice behind me.

    "Father?" 

a/n:  Well, I hope you liked it.  XD  The next chapter is about Caroline and a guy, but I'm not telling who it is.  XP

Of this entire book, who is your favorite character, why, and what is your favorite scene with them? Best or most detailed answer gets a dedication.  =D  Good luck.  I can't wait to hear them.

Thanks for reading my story.  =D

DramaticInvisibleGirl