Chapter 15: The Sad Truth

Wow, are we really at chapter 15 already?! I can't believe it, I just can't. This chapter was a heartbreaker, even to write. I hope you all like it.

I'm sorry it took so long to post. My life has been crazy busy lately. I'm not going to give any quotas until I'm like at least three chapters ahead. I think that would be better planning on my part. =) Anyway, thank you all for your wonderful comments, they really made me want to update sooner for you guys. But I'm sure you don't want to hear me gab on and on.

I do not own The Vampire Diaries, I just own the plot, Prudence and Matthew.

I hope you like it. =)

Chapter 15: The Sad Truth

When I opened my eyes, the sun soon flooded the room. I realized that I slept in late and when I looked at the bed stand I saw a plate of eggs waiting for me. I quickly sat up, pushed the sleep from my eyes and began eating.

As soon as I finished I got up and put on a fresh dress from my bag. I sighed before I exited the room and took a clearer look around the house. I walked into the library, which was the nearest door to mine. When I entered, I saw that most of the dust that was there the night before was gone.

Prudence was walking slowly through the room, dusting. Something was off about her though, well more than usual. When I came near she made no aknowlegment that I was there. Only when I stood in front of her,to block her path, did she look at me. Her eyes were slightly glazed over, like she wasn't completely there. I looked her over, now all the dust that was covering the room now covered her and she had a feather duster in hand. When I reached out to touch her arm she seemed to wake up from her daze.

"Oh, good morning dear. Did you sleep well?" She asked dropping the feather duster.

"Umm, yes. I did." I answered, though I was still very confused by her previous state which seemed to vanish instantly. I wasn't sure what was up with her, but I did know one thing. I needed to get out of this house.

"Thank you for breakfast. I was thinking of going for a walk." I said as she looked up at me.

"Oh, of course. Why don't you go for a ride. Daisy could probably use a run." She replied.

"Daisy?" I asked, utterly confused.

"Your horse sweetie, remember? The one I got you for your birthday. Oh, your face when you first saw her." She sighed, and then exited the room. I looked through the house again. Now that there was sunlight, all the dust that had settled in the rooms was now gone. The kitchen was now squeaky clean, and if I didn't know any better I'd think the floor had been vaccumed. The entry room looked almost brand new, I slipped on my sandles and stepped out the door to the back yard.

The back yard was definitely big enough to house a horse and the area was fenced in, but there was certain lack of animals. The main one missing, the mare. I shook my head.

"This lady is crazy." I said to myself I walked off towards the center of town. Slowly strolling down the street. I saw the people leaving and entering their houses. Those at the market place and those shopping. I walked past the booths and smiled at the vendors.

I honestly had no clue where to start. Where to start looking for Abigail. I was think so deeply that I walked straight into someone. I really needed to stop doing that.

"Oh, gosh! I'm so sorry." I said as I stood, brushing myself off, and offering him a hand up. He took it and stood.

"I feel really bad. I'm Caroline." I said as he looked up to my face. His eyes suddenly widened and he looked quite shocked.