Chapter 10: Trust

Well, now the completion of Chapter 10! Hope it sates anyone's curiosity. I want to apologize for the lack of accuracy when it comes to furniture, books, paper, and all other items that are used in the story that are out of the correct time period. Obviously I have no idea what it was actually like there, and it helps me feel more connected to it.

So, moving on, I would like to like to thank angielovee101, AndaPanda123, and fandomgirl99 for commenting, it means a lot.

I do not own Vampire Diaries, I just own the plot and Benjamin.

Chapter 10: Trust

The ruckus came, shouting from the street, and I ran towards it. Ester was right behind me as I came to the front of the house to see what was going on. There was a fight, and it was not at all what I was expecting. The boys were rolling on the ground with sweat and dirt covering them both. They continued to tussle with each other as the crowd that surrounded them just seemed to increase endlessly. I saw an arm reach out to grab the back of the shirt of one of them, and I saw his face. He had a bloody nose and a big bruise forming on his right cheek.

"Elijah!" I couldn't help but gasp. I had never seen him like this, he was never one to get in a fist fight, and even more so while he was human.

When Elijah was pulled from reach from the other boy, he stood and tried to deliver another punch, but missed. Finn tried to rein his brother in, to stop him from fighting and then the other member of the fight stood, and looked around, then turned and left the street, the people, and went back to his own house.

"Benjamin." I said when I saw his face before he left my sight, he was also bruised. I looked around, and saw that I wasn't the only one in a state of confusion. Next thing I knew, Finn was hauling his brother back into the house and the crowd had dispersed. Ester and I quickly followed them inside as Finn laid Elijah on the sofa. Ester ran to get a bowl of water and some cloths, and I went to kneel beside Elijah. I was still shocked, I couldn't think of any two people less likely to get into a fight and yet there they were, hitting each other, and it made no sense. Now that I was closer, I could see that he had a cut lip, that was twice the size it normally was, and also a black eye. Ester rushed back to my side and began cleaning his face of dirt and blood. I looked over my shoulder and saw that Klaus had joined Finn as they watch us worry over Elijah.

"What happened?" Ester demanded as she rubbed Elijah's chin with her now pink colored cloth. I looked between Elijah and Klaus to answer, but I was surprised when Finn spoke.

"We caught a large buck in the woods, and came to bring it straight to town. I saw Niklaus and went to talk and when I turned around Elijah and Benjamin were yelling at each other, then coming to blows." Finn said, answering his mother with a serious face to match his voice.

Ester got to her feet, grabbed a bucket of water and some more cloths and headed out the door. My eyes followed her, why was she leaving? All I could do was say what I was thinking.

"Where is she going?" I asked.

"She is going to go check on Benjamin I bet. Why don't you follow her." Klaus responded. I was confused by his answer, but then turned my attention back to Elijah, grabbed a second cloth, and continued what Ester had started. Klaus left when I did this, but I helped Elijah sit up, and put one of his arms around my shoulders and pulled him up with a hand on his waist. Finn then stepped in and grabbed his other arm, and helped me support him as we slowly dragged him up the stairs. When we finally reached Elijah's bedroom door, I was relieved, men are heavy. Finn opened the door and helped me lay him flat on the bed.

"You can go to sleep now." I whispered to Elijah, who briefly smiled as his eyes fluttered closed. When I stood and took a few steps away from the bed, I came face to face with Finn, who was very tall, compared to me.