Chapter 20: Planning

And that is the full first 20 chapters!!  Yay, I'm proud of myself. And it's all thanks to you guys, you kept me going.  I don't think I could have made it this far without you.  So a huge thank you for all of your encouragment.  =D  I think this story has about 5 chapters left in it or so.  And I'm hoping to start writting and updating more often.  If people pm me just chat me up about the story or just in general that might help.   Remind me not to be moody and emotional and just write.  =)  Anyway, onto the story.

I do not own the Vampire Diaries.  I do own this story though.  I hope you enjoy.

Chapter 20:  Planning

    "Caroline!"  He said, trying to reach out for my hand.  I pulled away from his touch, then reached up for the chain resting around my neck.  I yanked the necklace from my neck, breaking the clasp and I threw it at his feet.

    "Caroline!!!"  Hey yelled after me, but I just ran.  The hot tears burning as they streamed down my face.  I kept running, as fast and as far away as I could.  I couldn't believe I could be that stupid.

    I had never been so foolish, forgetful, distracted, caught up.  I let him get the best of me.  I might as well have told him I was from the future and let him kill me then and there.  that would have been so much better than this.  Crying, heartbroken over a stupid, impulsive, murderer of a Hybrid.  No, how could he have fooled me?  So easily, so effortlessly?

    There is no difference between them, once Klaus, always Klaus.  No matter what the time period.  No matter what he will always be like that.  A liar, a theif, a cheat, and a killer.  I was kidding myself to think otherwise.  And I was supposed to be the sensible, intuitive one.  Uh huh! No, I  was the stupid gullible one that fell for "Nik".

    Like "Oh Nik, you're my hero!"

    Slap!

    "Oh Nik, you are so sweet and perfect to me!"

    Slap!

    "Nik, I could lay here in your arms and stare into your eyes for the rest of my life!"

    Slap!

    Moron, Idiot, Retard, Stupid, Foolish, Gullible, Inane Caroline!  I'm sure there are plenty more words that also fit, but they don't come to mind at the moment. 

    I fell to my knees in the middle of the woods and the tears began falling again.

    "Idiot!!"  I sobbed and sobbed until my eye lids grew heavy, so heavy that I couldn't hold them open any longer, and I dozed into a deep and emotional sleep.

    xxx

    The sun and the sounds of the woods woke me from my light and restless sleep.  I stretched and pushed the sleep from my eyes, then stood.  I felt weak and sore, every musucle hurt and ached, and my face felt tight from all the crying the night before.

    I was devistated, heartbroken, alone, deppressed, torn and yet set.  I couldn't believe I had gotten so off track.  It's like I forgot my mission completely  in the first place.

    Kill Klaus.

    How could anyone forget that? It was plain, simple and to the point.  I got sidetracked but now, I need to get back to it.  Planning to kill Klaus.  That's what I was going to so, kill him.  I was going to make him pay for everything . . . Every.  Single.  Life.  A smirk slid on my face in excitement for the revenge I would deliver to him for all the pain he caused me.  Every drop of blood he spilled, even his stupid petty crimes.  I started pacing back and forth, plotting his murder gleefully.

    I was going to enjoy this immensly.  I started muttering ideas under my breath as I walked back and forth.  When suddenly I heard russling in the trees, I turned to face the intruder, glaring at the make figure coming closer and closer.  I took a deep breath and then realsed it, then stared at him like the cruel pshycopathic jerk he is.

    "Caroline!  I was looking everywhere for you."  Klaus said, coming to stand in front of me, looking at me sincerely.  I sincerely wanted to rip his head off.  I shook it off though, I didn't want to give anything away.

    "What do you want, Niklaus?"  I asked, though my voice was still cold.

    "I came to apologize to you.  Tatia, she forced me, I had no choice but to kiss her.  For you-"  He started, but I cut him off.

    "You know what, Niklaus?  It's fine.  Don't worry about it, it's fine."  I told him, looking anywhere but his eyes.  It wasn't fine, it was no where near fine.  Looking at his face now, just confirmed it.  No doubt anymore, I'm gonna kill him.

    "You know, you say you're fine, but you look like you still want to kill me."  Klaus said after studying my facial expression.  If you've ever seen those old cartoons when one character is really mad and smoke blows out of their ears.  Well, that's whar happened to me, pretty much, except for the cartoon part.  But I was mad, and clearly my face showed it.  I sighed and then looked back at him, with a mellower look.

    "I'm fine."  I said again.  A slight smile broke over his face as he stepped closer.

"So you believe me, that it wasn't my fault?"  He asked as he attempted to wrap his arms around me. I put my hands up and pushed him away.

"I don't know what to believe, but I know we're done."  He stepped back with a hurt look on his face.

    "Done?"

    "Yes, done.  Over.  Through."  I said trying to beat the point into his head.  He took another step back.  His face turned nearly as hard as mine did.

    "If that's the way you want it, then so be it."  Then he turned and left.  Leaving me once more in the woods with only my crazy murderous thoughts as company.  As they continued to urge my planing forth.  Predicting Klaus's death and my most desired return to my time.  I just wanted to go home and be done with all of this.  Not have to worry about anything but what to wear, where to eat, and who was going to take me to prom.  How could the past be so much more complicated than the present?  I always thought it was the other way around.  I sighed as I feel to my knees and tried to think clearly, or at least as clearly as I could in the emotional state I was in. 

    I couldn't have guessed how long I was there, planning and scheming.  Eventually I had some semblence of an idea in my mind of how to handle all of this, and it all started with magic.  I finally stood and headed back into town, but this time it was different this time I wasn't the same person, I wasn't the same Caroline . . . anymore.

A/N:  And that is the ending of chapter 20, I hope you all liked.  =D

Thank you all for reading.  =D

DramaticInvisibleGirl