Chapter 11: Number One

Now delivering Chapter 11! I am so thrilled, I never thought that I would make it this far, but you guys encouraged me to go forward, so thank you.

Ummm, I know this is a lot to ask, but does anyone think they might be able to make me a cover?  I’d be eternally grateful.  Anyway, please enjoy this new chapter.  

I do not own Vampire Diaries, I just own the plot.

Chapter 11: Number One

"Caroline." The voice echoed through my head as I stirred. My eyes fluttered open, and once again I saw Bonnie standing over me. I leapt to my feet, and hugged her.

"Bonnie!" I practically screamed, and she just laughed. I looked at her curiously. "What?"

"I guess time really is different between here and there, huh?" She laughed as I nodded profusely.

"I missed you!" I told her. "It's weird here." I said, and she just laughed again.

"Ya, it seems like I haven't seen you in only a day." She responded. "How weird?" she asked.

"It's just strange, you know. Different times and customs here. At least there is no school." We laughed. That was a relief, but it was a bigger one that she was here with me now. "So, what made you think of the bracelet?" I asked her, as I lifted my wrist to show it resting there, with the gems gleaming in the sun light.

"It was my grandmother's." She said. "I figured, just in case, it would protect you if you came across any hostile magic."

"So you knew it would give me powers too?" I asked.

"Only if a spell was cast on you that involved a witch's blood. A witch's blessing can do many things, especially when it crosses several generations of a single witch family. My grandmother left it to me after she died, it's been in the family for as long as anyone can remember." She answered, and sighed. "I, umm I have something for you." She sounded unsure, as she pulled an envelope out of her pocket and handed it to me.

"What is this?" I asked, confused.

"Tyler got back last night, demanding to see you. He seemed different, completely unlike himself. When I told him you were here, he disappeared, then came back a few hours later and asked me to give this to you. I have no idea what it's about, he said he would stay in town until he can talk to you face to face." She said, but it was obvious she saw that something was wrong with Tyler, or maybe just Tyler and me.

"Thanks." Was all I could say. I couldn't bring myself to say anything else. Or even ask her how he was, what exactly he said, it was a strange feeling, but I shook it off and looked back at her.

"How's it going with the Originals?" She asked, changing the subject.

"Great. I may be a mystery to the town but the whole family trusts me now." I said with a smile. "Now I can find out if they have any weaknesses."

"And Mikael?" She asked.

"Still gone, which I'm kind of relieved of." I laughed hesitantly.

"Well, be careful when he gets back, and according to Elena, who is not very happy you're here, Rebekah said not only were the werewolves dangerous but so were some of the towns people. Keep a wary eye out, just in case, ok?" she said.

"Ok, I will. How is Elena?" I asked worriedly.

"Pissed. I've seen her angry before, but she was really upset." She told me. I kind of regretted not telling her before I left, but I knew she would try and stop me, and she would most likely succeed. I sighed. "I have one more thing for you." She said and lifted something off the ground and handed it to me.