Chapter 5 - Stracciatella

Chapter 5

Rafail blew raspberries in frustration as he stared around his office with his hands on his waist. He looked no different from a menopausing woman in a mid-life crisis. Just great!

He had already given himself three tours of the palace as if he wasn't there every day during its construction, and had walked the distance from his office to the throne room at least ten times that day. Maybe if his mate was talking to him, he wouldn't feel like death just cause he was forced to stay inside.

"Ugh," Rafail groaned loudly and let his body freely plop down on his couch.

"Rough day?" Andrea peeked inside his office.

"You have no idea," He snorted in response.

"Watch a movie or something."

"Did that already."

"Try sex then," She shrugged and turned around to leave him alone once again.

'I wish,' Rafail thought to himself.

Just then, Thalia appeared by the door, throwing daggers at him with her green eyes. She didn't even acknowledge Andrea leaving the room. "Sign these," The queen threw some papers his way.

"Thanks for such entertainment," Rafail murmured under his breath as he walked to his table with the file in his hands. Yay, paperwork – the solution to all of his problems.

"Why are you so irritated?" Thalia snapped at him suddenly.

Raf smirked and raised his head to look into her furious eyes. "You care?"

"I care that it is making me irritated too," She scoffed.

"Yeah. Your irritation has nothing to do with my hunter friend," Rafail grumbled in a very low voice, making her want to slap the smirk away from his face. How dare he say that?!

"Just sign them and stop talking," Thalia crossed her arms on top of her chest, annoyed profoundly by the fact that he could see right through her.

"Nah," Rafail smiled at her. "I need to read everything, you know? I have to take my time. You can make yourself comfortable," He gestured towards the couch. Her presence was too calming to let her go away so easily.

"No, you don't," Thalia argued in frustration. "I already read them and signed them. You just need to sign them too. That's it."

"What if there's something you missed?" He raised a brow at her as if she didn't know what he was trying to do.

"You know very well there isn't."

"Seat, Thalia," He glanced at the couch before looking back at her. The way her name rolled out of his lips demandingly made her stomach clench nervously. Thalia bit her lip hard enough to draw blood as she took a seat, hoping he had not noticed his effect on her. It was embarrassing even. She couldn't be turned on by him ordering her around using her name, for god's sake.

"Smells nice in here," Rafail sneakily commented as he tried to hide his laughter.

"Shut up," She snarled at him.

***

Rafail glanced at the couch again, allowing a smile to make way on his face as his heart warmed up at the sight in front of him. Quietly, he got up from his chair and took a blanket, spreading it over Thalia's body. She had fallen asleep while glaring at him. The thought made Raf chuckle to himself.

He stood there for some moments, admiring her peaceful features. Her rosy lips were slightly open as her chest moved rhythmically with every breath she took. Some brown locks had fallen on her face and Raf's hand itched to tuck them behind her ears.