Chapter 21 - Black bag, Silver arrows

Chapter 21

"He's a hunter," Jonathan furrowed his brows as he tried to get a better look at the guy that was now knocking on the back door of the mansion. "Don't you know him?"

"I've never seen him before," Andrea replied.

"He must be new then," Jonathan said as he hugged her waist with one hand and moved their bodies in a position that offered a better view of the two men. Darren had just gotten out of the house and from what it looked like, he was scanning the surroundings anxiously, making sure the two of them were alone. Jonathan gritted his teeth as he tried to suppress a growl. He had an idea or two of what he wanted to do to anyone who dared to betray his king.

Andrea caressed his chest absentmindedly, calming him down. "He's surely a hunter. What is Darren doing with him?"

"Yeah, I can smell the silver from here," Jonathan scrunched his nose. "I have no idea and I can't hear what they're saying from here. We're too far."

"We can't get closer," Andrea bit her lip in thought as she pulled her phone out and snapped some photos of the duo.

In silence, the couple of mates watched the interaction between the two men. The hunter, a tall guy with black hair and clad in black overalls, was showing Darren something on his phone. His hands were hidden by black leather gloves and he wore a dark brown quiver on his back with various silver arrows inside. Whatever he was showing had Darren agitated. Even so, their conversation was too hushed; they were talking in whispers. Continuously, both of them would take a look around before turning back to what they were saying.

Suddenly, Darren gave the phone back to the hunter and walked back inside the house. Andrea exchanged a look with Jonathan before returning their attention to the lone man who was now caressing one of his arrows with his glove-clad hands.

After some short moments, Darren appeared again in the backyard of his mansion with a black bag in his hands. They exchanged little words before Darren gave the bag to the hunter who, after taking another quick look around, disappeared into the forest.

"I'll kill them both," Jonathan exclaimed.

"We can't take any action. We need to inform Raf first," Andrea reasoned, looking down at him.

"Raf may forgive them for betraying us but I'll never forgive the cockblock," He snorted, making her chuckle lowly.

"You're an idiot," She smiled as she tried to free herself from his arms. When Jonathan didn't bulge, she raised a brow at him. "Do you like lying on the ground this much?"

"No," He smirked. "I just like you on top of me."

The huntress rolled her eyes. "You have five minutes. If you manage to get us back to the palace, relay whatever we saw to Raf, and then tear my clothes apart, maybe I won't change my mind."

"Five minutes?" Jonathan mumbled, holding her gaze.

"Hmm," She nodded.

"Give me three," He winked and she almost shrieked loudly when she felt her body flying through the trees.

"I'll kill you if you drop me," She threatened, clinging onto him tightly.

"I'll only drop you on my bed, love," Jonathan chuckled as he momentarily allowed her to put her feet on the ground. When she looked behind her, the palace came into her view.

"Twenty seconds," Jonathan said before scooping her up again. Next, she found herself glaring at her mate in Rafail's office.

"Oh," Roi said when he noticed Jonathan fixing Andrea's hair while trying to hold back his laughter. "She didn't kill you yet?"