Chapter 20 - Behind a bush

Chapter 20

"So you want me to follow him around?" Andrea raised a brow at Roi and Rafail as Jonathan snorted in displeasure.

"Yes," Roi nodded. "Find out what he's up to, who he meets with, does he wipe his ass or not - you know the drill."

Andrea chuckled and rolled her eyes. "Fi-"

"No," Jonathan suddenly exclaimed, interrupting his mate. "This is nuts. She's not going after him."

"Says who?" Andrea turned to look at him with fire in her hazel eyes.

"Says me," Jonathan replied with equal anger.

"Good," Andrea dismissed him, picking at her nails. "Because, in that case, I don't care."

Rafail wanted to laugh at Jonathan's face but held himself back. "I wouldn't ask her if I didn't believe she can do it," The king tried to ease the worry of his guard.

"Jackson could do it just as easily," Jonathan mentioned his younger brother who now worked for the palace as well, after they both took part in bringing Cavan down.

"True," Rafail agreed. "But Jackson is already gathering important information on Elson's activities."

"He can do both," Jonathan argued in vain.

"And what am I supposed to do in the meanwhile?" Andrea snorted. "Wait for you in bed?"

The kingsguard couldn't help but smirk, but before he could even think about saying anything wittily dirty, she threw him a look that kept his mouth shut. He sighed, deciding it would be better not to antagonize her at the moment.

"Preferably," The guard shrugged. "Anything but going after Darren."

"So you wouldn't mind it if I fuck other gu-,"

"Andrea," Jonathan warned her, his voice heavily mixed with a growl.

"Jonathan," She mimicked him, dragging her voice in mockery.

"Must you always be so difficult?" The kingsguard shook his head with a tired sigh.

"It's an easy job," Andrea tried to reason with him, feeling bad when she noticed how tense and worried he was.

Jonathan pursed his lips before turning to Rafail once more. "Please, ask someone else. Hell, I'll do it myself."

"You already do more work than you should," Roi pointed out.

"I can fit this in," The kingsguard replied, convinced of his abilities.

"No, you can't," Andrea almost shouted in frustration. For a moment there, she had hoped he had finally been convinced. "It is my job and I will be the one to do it. And that's final."

"You're not doing it," Jonathan let a growl ripple through his chest, his anger flaring up at her defiant tone.

"You can't tell me what to do," Andrea glared at him, not at all scared by the dangerous waves of power radiating off his body.

"For fuck's sake," Jonathan shouted, his veins swelling on his temples. "You can't spy on him."

"I am more than capable," Andrea shouted back. "Stop undermining me."

"You're human," Jonathan almost screamed, but under the thick waves of anger, his voice was laced with a deep fear and worry. "He's a council member and half-lycan. You will stay away from him."

Andrea chuckled humorlessly, annoyed by how he stereotyped all human race as weak asses. "Oh, I'm human? Really, Sherlock? Too bad you couldn't get a strong as fuck werewolf for a mate." She turned towards Rafail and Roi, who were looking awkwardly between the couple. "I'll need to know where he lives."