Chapter 6 - An unexpected request

Chapter 6

"It is my fault," Andrea cried quietly. She hadn't thought Thalia would show up. They were simply reminiscing and she had been happy she had managed to make her friend laugh before she messed up everything.

"It isn't," Roi sighed. "You couldn't have possibly known."

"But damn, you really didn't have to open your big mouth," Abby glared at Andrea as she walked past them.

"How's she?" Roi asked Abby, ignoring her previous words.

"Like shit," Abby snorted. "She's too stubborn, it is killing me. I mean, she's literally his mate. If he even as much as thought about another with a cheating intent, she would immediately know."

"He loves her," Andrea raised her head to look at the beta.

"No shit, Sherlock. You're late to the show."

"Abby," Roi groaned.

"What?" Abby scoffed. "Thalia was going there to make up with him and miss huntress was already in his room. I'd be mad too."

"You're not helping," Roi scolded as Andrea started crying again.

"What's going on?" Jonathan asked through furrowed brows when he took notice of the tears on the black-haired girl's face.

"Trouble in paradise," Abby sang humorlessly. "Andrea here decided to announce to the world she has fucked our king."

"I didn't say th-. Ouch," She screamed in pain as sharp canines pierced her neck. Abby and Roi looked at each other with widened eyes.

"What the..."

"You piece of dog shit," Andrea hit Jonathan's chest with all her might. "I will fucking kill you. I'll rip your heart out as I put bullets through your-. It hurts," She cried and he finally straightened up, licking his lips as his darkened gazed pinned her on the spot.

"Did he just mark her?" Abby whispered in terror.

"I think so," Roi whispered back.

Immediately, Abby growled at Jonathan before she pulled his ear forcefully. "You piece of dog shit. I'll help her kill you. That's not how you mark a girl, you ass. You're from Glowing River. We didn't teach you like this," She continued scolding and slapping him.

After some stunned moments, Jonathan got over his initial surprise and blocked Abby's punches. "She's my mate," He chuckled humorlessly. "I can do whatever the fuck I want."

"No, you can't," Abby hit him again at the same time that Andrea went for his throat, biting him even though she had no canines. Abby took a step back in surprise.

"How does that feel, asshole?" The girl bit him again more forcefully, not caring about the blood that was dripping from her neck.

Jonathan turned his head towards her and tried to push her slightly away. "Stop that," He hissed in annoyance.

"Do not dare to stop, Andrea," Abby cheered on her, angrily slapping Roi for simply staring like a hawk without saying anything.

"I hate you," Andrea went back to slapping his chest. "I hate you. I hate you. I hate you," She repeated with more fire in her hazel eyes each time she said the words.

Jonathan chuckled brokenly. "Of course, you hate me," His voice cracked as he caught her hands and pushed her away. "I'm not your type. I'm just the kingsguard."

"It was ten years ago, you idiot. And it happened once. Just once," She screamed at him as tears fell down her cheeks. "I had a crush on him but then we both understood we had just confused the comfort we felt around with each other for something more."