Chapter 31 - Hello, sister

Chapter 31

Thalia smiled through closed eyes, feeling the soft sun rays play with her skin. Rubbing the sleep off her eyelids, she tried to move a bit but her legs were entangled with Rafail's and his hand was securely wrapped around her abdomen. She felt like giggling as the events of last night replayed in her mind and she placed her hand on top of his, staring at her belly.

Life was growing in there.

Thalia couldn't believe her blessing. A dream that she thought would never come true was now within her reach. She was growing not one, but two little loves inside her. Hers and Rafail's – her smile got wider.

High on happiness, she felt her skin crawl when a slight fear that someone would snatch her dream away from her made way into her heart. The queen held back a growl. She would wipe out anyone who dared.

Trying to calm herself down, she looked back at her hand on top of Raf's. The light bouncing off the diamond on her finger blinded her for a slight second, causing yet another smile to break on her face. She moved her hand closer, admiring the beautiful piece that Rafail had taken a while to perfect. He had gone to great lengths to bribe Abby into helping him and then had made Blynn contribute with her magic too.

The ring was made out of rose gold metal, intricately decorated by two lines of tiny gemstones. The main gemstone was an emerald-shaped diamond, surrounded by a halo of smaller gems. The diamond was the sole reason why Rafail had taken so long to give the ring to her and why she loved it so much. Inside the gem, the grey color swirled around, giving off the illusion of an upcoming storm. It was the exact color of the eyes Thalia had fallen in love with. Blynn – at Raf's request - had cast a special spell on the diamond, creating a link between the diamond's color and Raf's eyes. Thalia could safely claim it was her favorite spell ever.

"What's got you so excited?" Raf's sleepy voice hit her ears, causing her to let out the giggle she had been holding back

"My ring."

"You like it, little firefly?" He smiled against her skin as he turned her around, feeling a sudden need to stare at her beauty.

"I love it."

"And I love you," Rafail lovingly rubbed his nose against hers before he pecked her lips. "I'll be a father," He then whispered in amazement, his hand never having moved from her belly.

Thalia couldn't help but laugh softly. "Hmm," She hummed in happiness, kissing his jaw.

Rafail closed his eyes and hugged her closer, allowing his senses to focus only on her. When he heard two tiny heartbeats, his lips curved into an excited smile.

"I can hear them," He exclaimed, loudly kissing her cheek before he slid down the sheets and planted his ear above her abs.

"Really?" Thalia looked down at him through widened eyes. "Freaking lycan."