[16] One In A Million: Showtime

*Your POV*

T-minus 2 days. The day was almost here. Excitement levels were through the roof, and both the fans as well as the media were eating it up. News outlets all over Korea and abroad were hyping up the event, calling it "the next generation in entertainment" and "the 21st century's concert".

Before the girls had to go for audio and tech checks, you went ahead to the arena to see how everything was shaping up. While you had been regularly updated through texts and emails from people on your team, you hadn't had the time to go and inspect things yourself.

As you walked into the parking garage of the JYP office, all of the spaces were filled with cars that looked like they were well-maintained and not about to fall apart. Then you reached the end of the row where your car was: your old, slightly rusted, mismatched-wheel-riding hatchback that stuck out like a sore thumb from the rest of the cars in the lot.

'God, I need to get a new car soon...' You thought as you went to unlock your car. As the door opened, it emitted an extremely high-pitched squeak that rang throughout the garage, gathering the attention of the 2 other people that happened to be in the area, both of them looking in your direction in confusion and slight disgust.

With embarrassment written on your face, you hopped into your beater of a car and drove to the arena as quickly as it was safe to do so. And after an uneventful drive where your embarrassment levels slowly died down, you arrived at what looked like a parking attendant's booth that was built in front of the entrance. When you tried to pull in and park, a uniformed officer stepped out with a hand up, stopping you.

"Hold it! ID and purpose of your visit please!" He announced.

"O-oh, I'm Y/N, I'm here to check up on the concert premises." You told him, handing your driver's license over to him.

"Pshhh! Good one, kid. Now get out of here." He told you, essentially throwing your license back into your car.

"No, you misunderstand me. I am in charge of the project." You tried to explain, but the officer wasn't having any of it.

"Yeah, sure kid. I'll tell you what, I'll call the real lead guy of the project and tell him that someone is trying to steal his identity. How about that?"

"Go ahead, I'll wait." You answered, knowing full well that you were about to get the phone call. Since the officer was too dense to realise his impending mistake, he pulled out his phone with a smirk, thinking he was correct. Once he dialed the number of his superior and the phone started ringing, he still kept that smug up.

That would change once your phone started ringing. Knowing that he was calling you, you picked up the call and answered the call with a smug look of your own. "Yeoboseyo? Kwon Y/N speaking."

Understanding his mistake, he quickly hung up the call and lifted the gate in a panic. "I-I'm so sorry s-sir! P-Please forgive my i-incompetence!" He stammered before going into a full 90-degree bow.

"Better safe than sorry, but don't judge a book by it's cover." You gave the officer your thoughtful advice before driving in. After all of the hassle, you arrived at the front doors where tens of thousands would be walking through in 2 days time. Before you could walk in, however, you heard the distinctive sound of a news reporter talking nearby.

"While preparations are wrapping up here in Seoul, fans of TWICE around the world are taking to social media to talk about their excitement towards the event."

*sigh* 'They're probably going to see me and try to interview me, aren't they...' You thought as you parked your car and stepped out. And just like you expected, the reporter shouted towards you to get your attention. "Excuse me! Do you have time for a few questions?"