Final Intermission

Annyeong readers! If this chapter went up on the usual timeframe, that means I survived my final presentation and I am away on my short break (in fact, I am posting this from my Airbnb in Germany), but I wanted to get something out for you all, mainly so next week's ION doesn't end up being like a thousand words long or something. 

So, with the author's note out of the way, on "This Week's ION" 5/8 - 5/14:

Can I just say, the major plot twist at the end of last chapter got the expected reaction out of you all who commented 😂 Having said that, I am aware that this will a big year in terms of contracts for the girls as it nears October and their current contract expires. Hopefully if they continue that they continue as OT9, but all we can do is go along for the journey, and be supportive of everyone regardless of the outcome.

Speaking of contracts, lots of big contract news this past week. Starting with Bian of 'Majors' finally escaping the hell that is ANS Entertainment after being absolutely screwed in the failed groups 'Midnight' and 'ANS'. Next was the sad news that Jiho would be leaving Oh My Girl and WM Entertainment as a whole, with that heartfelt note saying she'll be following OMG not as a performer but a Miracle herself.

Okay, Kpop.flex was ABSOLUTELY UNREAL! Yes, the organisation of the event was a mess (something that I will explain in a video I'm making of my trip, look out for that soon), but being able to see any group live is such a different experience. The energy of the tens of thousands of fans in attendance singing along and screaming, the countless lightsticks waving in the air (especially everyone with extended mongmongies), and just the ability to literally feel the music is such an unbelievable feeling. While I would love to explain every group and their performances, I'll leave it for the video since it will end up being a long as a chapter itself if I do . I will say this though: SUITCATCHER, LIVE. 

As for the releases this week, TXT with an almost-enchanting and equally lethal rock tune with 'Good Boy Gone Bad', Woosung from The Rose dropping the sensual-meets-emo rock song 'Phase me', and a special shout-out to AleXa for winning  the American Song Contest! And with GFRIEND Yerin's solo debut, Astro, Hyoyeon, ONEUS and AB6IX (who were on the Kpop Flex roster) announced for next week, plenty of music to come his month before the summer season starts in full force.

The 4th gen girl group battle if it already wasn't extremely exciting already, is going to be absolutely nuts! Le Sserafim already have 2 wins under their belts and have already one of the  best selling albums for a 4th gen girl group. Aespa have an OST project and a possible comeback, Itzy are also rumoured and NMIXX are still extremely busy, Kep1er have whatever happens following Queendom2, and IVE's next project following after 500K sales of the last album. Combined with all of the other hit songs from groups like PurKi, Billlie, STAYC, (G)I-dle, and other 4th gen groups, my girl group aficionado ass is so happy.

Finally for anniversaries this week, a happy 7 years of the "beasts of k-pop" Monsta X, 3 years and 2 years to 4th gen k-band icons ONEWE and LUCY, and 1 year of the dangerous Cosmic Girls sub-unit WJSN the Black.

I know this wasn't a proper chapter like you were hoping for, but thank you for understanding why this happened. Grad school really had every single hour of my life booked these past couple of weeks, even going as far as sleeping only a few hours a night, and this past weekend really was a necessary and well-earned break. But I promise you all, the endings will begin next week. So please be patient with me for a little bit longer, and this time next week will mark the beginning of nearly 3 months of diabetes-inducing fluff. -LTK

^(Whoever you are, you are an absolute legend!)