[Ending 8] A Divine Brushstroke

A/N: again, we return to the outside of the cellphone store after your little costly shopping excursion. I swear I'll try and not use this start point too much, but it does set up the rest of the chapter nicely. Sorry if it gets repetitive moving forward.

==========

*Your POV*

With the new fancy piece of technology in your pocket, you walked out of that phone store feeling much more motivated to actually get stuff done before the night was up. And frankly, you were now more willing and eager to do your research about everything that had happened in your absence now rather than later.

But another thing on your mind was just how parched you were getting. Having not drank anything apart from the water you brought off base, and all of the talking you had done in the past hour, your throat was telling your body to get something to drink. Luckily, there was a convenience store on the way back to your car, so there was little in the way of thinking to do.

When you walked up to the automatic doors and were met with the familiar door chime, it brought back memories of when you were slightly younger and making late night supply runs, either for yourself in college or for the TWICE members. Nostalgia aside, the air conditioning working overtime did feel really good, since it was the peak of summer and sweltering hot outside.

One other thing you noticed was just how busy it was in the store, more than usual for a summer weekend evening. And it wasn't just the number of people but the demographic as well. Unlike the usual business people that you knew of who visited this particular store on their way home for a quick meal or drink, it was filled with young people and families, all dressed in casual or traditional summery clothes.

'Huh, I wonder what's going on...' You wondered as you slalomed around the people standing around the store. Regardless, the busy environment wasn't going to hold you up from your mission of obtaining a drink. So you slowly made your way through the crowd towards the refrigerators with drinks in the back of the store.

With the amount of people, there was a bit of a crowd to navigate around right in front of where the drinks were. Because it was so hot and humid outside, it seemed like many others were looking at getting a beverage of sorts before continuing their evenings. Since you weren't in a rush, you were more than willing to just let everyone get their things and wait until it was a little less busy.

Right as there was a decent opening by the drinks fridge and you began walking towards to get a bottle of Pocari, you suddenly felt something run into the side of your legs. Looking down, you saw that small girl wearing a white and pink summer Hanbok had fallen on their butt after running into you, with her mother running after her down the aisle.

"Hey! You can't run off like that, Yuri-ah!" The mother said, picking up the girl before turning towards you. "Sorry about her. She gets very excited about her strawberry milks."

"Haha, that's quite alright." You chuckled before turning to the child. "Are you alright?"

"I'm okay. Sowwy." She apologised cutely.

"It's okay. Just be careful next time, okay?"

"Okay!"

"Good!" You responded before reaching over for the carton of strawberry milk she was so excited for, before handing it to her.

"Come on, let's go pay for your milk. Sorry again." The mother bowed gently before walking over to the queue in front of the register.

With the family away from you, you had free reign on the fridge again. While you originally were planning on getting Pocari, the way the child got so excited about her strawberry milk reminded you of how Chaeyoung would almost obsess over anything strawberry related. You never were the biggest fan of milk growing up, and still the same today, but pure curiosity and a bit of nostalgia made you pick up a carton of the stuff instead of the Pocari you were eyeing up the entire time.