[28] Fallen Angel: the Impact

*Your POV*

After you gave the okay, a formal statement was released by the company of Mina's immediate hiatus the morning after Mina and her father landed back in Japan. While nearly all of the fans and even fellow artists were sympathetic and sent her messages of support, there were the select few entitled knetizens who twisted it as a cover-up about Mina leaving the group and the company. Yes, these comments pissed you and the members off, but your job wasn't to get mad at some anti on the other side of a screen somewhere in the world.

While the rest of the tour went ahead and finished as an 8-member group, much to the sadness but understanding of the ONCEs in attendance at every venue, award show season had come back again and in full force, with shows lined up practically every weekend. While TWICE had attended the awards shows as 8, they hadn't performed in an awards show format yet. This week was SBS's year end music festival and stage rehearsals for groups had been going on all week in preparation for the live event at the end of the weekend.

Of course with the shows coming up, some fans were wondering if Mina would be returning, now that it had been a few months since her hiatus began. But the company hadn't given a formal announcement, since they didn't want to put any extra pressure on Mina to come back before she was ready.

"So JYP kinda bent the rules for the dorm, and is allowing pets now." You told Mina through facetime, showing her Nayeon's dog Kookeu eating breakfast.

"Haha, it must be even more chaotic than usual, huh?" Mina giggled.

"To be honest, they're the most well-behaved, aren't you, Kookeu?" You asked the Pomeranian, who responded with a happy bark.

"Knowing the people we live with, you're probably right!" Mina happily added.

"It's so nice to hear you laughing and all happy, Mina. Gives me energy to deal with rehearsals today." You admitted with a sigh, heading back to the table to start your breakfast.

"To be honest, me too. I want to be ready to come back soon."

"Well, don't rush coming back. Everyone might miss you, myself included, but we would rather wait until you're at 100% than rush you back at 80%." You said honestly, back into serious mode.

"I know, I know. What are you reading over there?" Mina asked, changing the conversation.

"Oh, this thing? Psychiatry diagnosis and treatment manual. I've been studying up to be better prepared for anything that might happen." You explained, struggling to hold up the massive binder in one hand.

"Geez, don't hurt yourself with that now." Mina commented.

"Yes, mother." You sarcastically returned.

"Mina? We're leaving soon." You heard Mina's mother tell her on her side of the call.

"Well, I'll leave you to your day. Have fun!" You waved, holding Kookeu up by your face.

"Bye Y/N, and you too Kookeu! Tell everyone I say hi." Mina finished before ending the call.

*sigh* "Are you ready for the chaotic ones to wake up, Kookeu?" You asked the doggo, placing them down on the floor.

"Yip yip!" They barked before running off to somewhere in the living room.

As you sat over breakfast reading through that psychology textbook, you were fairly relaxed going into rehearsals today. Practices had been going well, everybody was in good condition both mentally and physically, the other artists partaking had good rehearsals (according to their managers), and best of all, that short call with Mina was the icing on the metaphorical cake.