[20] Maheunyeodeol Part 2

*Your POV*

The weeks came and went, and the same for many of the contestants of Produce 48. Today was the Saturday before the finale, and you were in the office for some work you had to finish before the next work week. The company had planned a special Christmas album and song release, and you were in for the morning meetings.

Thankfully, you had a couple of hours free for lunch, so you sat at the canteen with your meal in front of you, peacefully eating without any distractions. Well, apart from the Stray Kids boys making a small ruckus in the other corner, but they weren't bothering you so you didn't say anything.

As you were finishing up your meal of chicken and rice, you suddenly got a phone call. After checking who it was from, you answered immediately.

"Yeoboseyo?" You answered.

"Y/N. Hi, do you have a minute?"

"Yeah, I'm just on my lunch break. What's up mom?"

"Well, it's about Eunbi's filming this Friday."

"Are you asking if I'm going?" You asked hesitantly, worried about what she was going to ask you.

"Yes. How'd you guess?"

"Instinct." You returned deadpan. "And to answer your question, I can't. I'm with TWICE until late at a variety show shoot. I already told Eunbi about it, but she knows I've been watching every week wherever I was. Should I ask you why you brought this up?"

"So..." She started to tell you very nervously. "Some things came up for work, and I can't really go."

"Oh, come on! It was bad enough that Dad couldn't go, but now you too?!" You raised your voice in frustration, which caught the attention of some other people in the canteen.

"I-I know, it's not fair on her, but work wants to send me to Taiwan as part of a promotion/business trip." She explained quickly, trying to reason with you.

"B-but- *sigh* Sorry, that was uncalled for, and kinda hypocritical of me. I guess I'm just frustrated is all."

"Trust me, I am as well." She tried to salvage the situation as best as she could, before continuing. "I know this is sudden, but could you go for us?" Your mother asked the overarching question.

"Well I'll have to pull some favors from people, but I'll make sure to be there."

"Thanks Y/N. I'll make sure to explain to her. I have to go."

"Mkay, I'll talk to you later once everything is sorted out on my end." You said to end the call. Once you put your phone down, you let out a big sigh and pinched the bridge of our nose in frustration.

"Hey, Y/N-ssi. You alright?" You heard a voice ask you from over your shoulder.

"Huh? Oh, oh I'm fine. Thanks Chan." You replied to the Stray Kids leader who had walked over to you. "You have rehearsals now, don't you? Better get going."

"Okay, I'll be seeing you around then." Bang Chan said before walking after his group as they left the canteen.

'Oh man, this is going to be complicated to explain.' You thought as you stood up to go and throw away the trash left from your lunch.

----------

It was now the Friday of the finale. Mnet decided on filming the event live for TV, and they requested that everyone who planned on attending needed to be at the venue before 6:00 PM. And unfortunately, there weren't enough managers available for you to skip the entire evening. Because of this, you spent the entire morning and afternoon worrying about not being able to go.