[43] As We Dream

*At the TWICE Dorm*

The next morning arrived at the TWICE dorm like any other Monday morning. The sun was shining through the little gaps in the curtains, birds were chirping, and the dorm was down one person. Although Y/N spent his last hours with the members in their rooms the night before and left them in fairly good spirits, the mood among the members was not so cheerful anymore.

There was no freshly-brewed pot of coffee on the machine, no breakfast on the counter, and no sleepy manager with horrific bed head sitting at the counter, sipping on his drink. And as the members made their way downstairs, the true reality hit them with full force.

"Right, I guess I should work on breakfast then..." Jeongyeon muttered as she and Jihyo entered the downstairs area.

Over the next half hour or so, all of the members made their way downstairs in varied levels of awakeness. While munching on whatever the members could wrangle together, Jihyo noticed that it was getting close to the time when they needed to get going to make their schedule. After voicing her concerns to the group, Chaeyoung in her still-sleepy state instinctively walked over to Y/N's room to ask him.

"Hey oppa, when are you driving us to the building?" Chaeyoung sleepily mumbled at Y/N's door. Of course, there was no reply from within; in fact, the door was open and not a soul was within.

"Chae, he's not here." Sana softly pulled her from her sleepy state.

"Oh... Oh yeah..."

"Come on, let's- Let's just finish eating before we leave." Sana offered, pulling Chaeyoung away but also taking one look into the empty room herself.

Apart from the two that had just had their saddening little interaction, the rest of the members already had this low-lying sadness about them and their vibe from the omission of Y/N from their lives. It had only been a few hours since he left the dorm, but the impact of his departure was like he had left in front of them only a few minutes ago.

Their first schedule was an online fansign that would be taking place at the JYPe building. Usually, Y/N could manage online events like these on his own while the girls used the living room, but with him gone, the members were forced to use the set-up that the company provided in one of the empty rooms in the building.

As everyone moped around in the kitchen and living room over their hastily made breakfast, Tendo and Jaljari-oppa arrived at the dorm, ready to pick up the members for their morning schedule.

"Woah, bad case of the Mondays going around here today?" Tendo asked light-heartedly.

"Hey, isn't today the day Y/N shipped off for basic training?" Jaljari-oppa whispered to him.

Realising why, Tendo immediately dropped his cheery attitude now understanding the cause of the gloominess. Without saying much further, the two managers managed to get the TWICE members into their two vans. Since Y/N always managed to get a hold of the company's large van that could seat everyone in one vehicle, it was foreign for the members to be broken up during transportation, and this morning definitely caught them off guard again.

One quiet and depressing split drive over did nothing in terms of helping the morale of the girls. Upon walking into the building, for the girls it was like all life in their eyes were sucked out when they woke up in the morning. Sure, Mondays for everyone was a struggle, but for the TWICE girls it was apparent for the staff at JYPe that it was something more than just a normal case of the Monday blues.

"Hey unnie, what do you think's gotten into them?" Jinyea the new receptionist asked.

"You know their manager Y/N? He left for the military today. They were really close." Youkyoung explained.